Versent is an Australian-born technology company, focused on architecting, building & operating cloud native applications, data streams, platforms and services.
Our solutions are centred around AWS and best of breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, we’ve grown to over 400 Versentonians in just five years across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Singapore and now Denver.
With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and product, we are poised for significant growth in 2021.
About the work
This is an exciting position for a talented Engineer with proven experience to join our ranks. In Versent we pride ourselves on having diversely experience team that have worked cross industry, technology stacks and cloud environments.
Our people are curious, love to think outside the box, are self-starters, challenge the status quo, strive to find new ways of working, are innovative and believe in the art of the impossible.
The work is exciting, cutting edge and diverse, ranging from cloud strategy to application transformation and modernisation, to cloud operations and everything in between.
We offer you opportunities to work across a wide range of industries with some of Australia’s top companies.
You’ll be surrounded by people who are incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about AWS and you will get to operate and engineer systems at scale, and gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
Are you an experienced Software Engineer/ Developer looking to work in a dynamic company with likeminded technologists – who are valued for their domain expertise and experience.
Do you desire to have a real impact, create value and hone your own development expertise in cloud native technologies?
Do your technical capabilities include:
- Full stack development (frontend, back-end, databases, DevOps)
- Agile practices, grounded in pragmatism, leading to a true continuous improvement
- Application of AWS core technologies including CI/CD, microservices and serverless development (preferably supported by relevant AWS certificates)
- An understanding of enterprise cloud best practices, including AWS Cloud Adoption Framework and AWS Well-Architected Framework?
Do you have these attributes:
- A team player, that can actively contribute to a positive, goal-orientated team culture who can both lead and follow; work with diversely different people and achieve quality outcome.
- A self-starter, that is comfortable working with ambiguity, can work autonomously and confident in sharing ideas, challenging norms in a respectful and professional manner – because you are motivated by doing the best job possible.
- Being customer centric & focused on creating meaningful value to ensure a positive experience and outcome for every customer (internal & external); willing to do what is needed to get the job done;
- Excellent communication skills; being an active listener who is able to read people and to adjust your behaviour and message accordingly?
What we offer you
At Versent we invest in our people, with benefits such as:
· Working in a flexible, outcome-driven environment. Outside of client obligations, you can work from the office or home as needed. Also, leave the suit and tie behind and put on a Versent T-shirt instead.
· Weekly internal tech talks; all streamed and recorded so those who can’t make it to the office can still participate. For those who do make it, there’s pizza, beer, wine and soft drinks on tap.
· Regular meetups and guest speakers organised and facilitated by our team.
· A supportive family culture. If you need help, just ask.
· Celebration of the wins – big or small, because we know how hard you work.
And finally, we believe that every human is equal, across every dimension, and we function as an unbiased meritocracy. We strive to have Inclusion front and centre in how we operate and embed the fundamentals of tolerance and understanding in everything we do. This core belief is woven into all our policies.
Curious? Here is more about – but honestly, we are more interested in you!
No cool cliques, just hard-working humans generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative, collaborative work space. We value our people more than commercials and put culture at the centre of everything. Some of the things we do to bring the team together are end of month social and drinks, both family and Versent Christmas parties and weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
We’re building a team of like-minded, hardworking humans who can think outside the square, and deliver what others might consider impossible.
We embrace the notion of Family at Versent, working together to achieve outstanding success.
VERSENT VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
People: We believe in a positive team with family spirit, because life is too short for anything else.
Customer: We create remarkable experiences for customers and treat them as we wish to be treated.
Quality: Be Artisans who care for their craft and lead change through continuous improvement.
Reliability: Do what we say we will do when we say we will do it, every time.
Transparency: Full disclosure, integrity and honesty in all things.
Reciprocate: Give back and assist as much as possible, whenever possible.