Kogan People Solutions are working with a highly regarded independent co-op. Reflecting new strategic growth plans, our client is seeking a Software Engineer responsible for the development of core IT systems which include but are not limited to applications dealing with data acquisition, data warehousing and business intelligence.
Location: South Warf Melbourne
Tenure: Full time
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 per annum plus superannuation
About the role:
This role will allow you to apply your technical leadership and forward-thinking to the overall architecture/design for new systems, enhancements, and fixes, implementing and maintaining standards and best practice.
- Ongoing evaluation of software system(s), identifying constraints and shortfalls in technology and the accompanying business procedures, and systems and recommending solutions.
- Rigorous system testing, detecting and rectifying system bugs and faults in code using best practice procedures to optimise business-critical software system(s).
- Develop and maintain code to ensure that the software and associated systems continue to meet the business’s requirements.
- Analyse and document the full suite of business systems and process required for development of new software applications for enhanced business intelligence capabilities
- Write code utilising MS SSIS 2008 and as required other relevant technologies/languages
- High quality technical program documentation using recognized protocols
- Develop end user documentation.
- Provide expertise and counsel for initiatives requiring software design. This includes the development of proposals providing input into business cases to evaluate costs and benefit of potential upgrades and /or new software systems/enhancements.
- Assist in estimation, scheduling and provide technical inputs to assist with technical duties related to the DW/BI landscape.
- Design proactive measurement techniques/methods in performance monitoring.
To be considered we expect to see:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3 years post qualification experience working as a software engineer
- Strong Technical Expertise is expected in the following:
- MS SQL 2008 or above
- Full life cycle of building a Big Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- AWS / Azure
- QlikView B.I Tool, or Big Data Analytical reports development –
- MS SSIS 2008 – Business Intelligence developer experience QlikView and experience in Dashboards,
- Retail Enterprise KPI’s, MS SharePoint and other analytical and quantitative techniques –
- Software development experience in WinForms, ASP.Net, Scripting, and Web Services
- pro-active, customer service focus with pride in your work
- organized and respond to changes well
- ability to balance multiple projects
- strong communication and time management skills
- can work autonomously and within team
Please apply using the facilities on this site and ensure you attach an updated resume and covering letter.
Please note we will only be able to notify and respond to shortlisted applicants.
Kogan People Solutions – recruitment excellence Apply Online