North Sydney, NSW
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want. Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 2UE, 3AW, MAGIC, 4BC, 4BH and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
The Video Technology Team at Nine Digital are a high-performing group of developers, designers, and product managers building the next generation of online TV in Australia. Our users are passionate about TV, and we’re passionate about creating new ways for them to connect and engage with their favourite Channel Nine shows.
The Mobile Apps Team is an agile software development team with the core responsibility of building out Nine’s applications for Android and iOS mobiles. We are highly collaborative and open with a strong focus on mentorship, innovation and inclusivity.
Reporting to the 9Now Web and Apps Engineer Manager, you will collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams to plan, design, develop and test Mobile solutions. Our technology stack is predominantly React Native but you should be willing to deep dive into other areas including Swift and Kotlin.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong grasp of OO/functional design, refactoring and similar techniques to create modular, testable and maintainable solutions.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and RESTful web services.
- Sound knowledge of defensive coding practices to address common security vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of working in agile environments such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
Desirable experience and skills
- React Native
- Android and iOS development (Swift or Kotlin)
- Passionate about simplicity. Understating that a developer’s job is to provide solutions to problems, not writing code
- Understanding that there is no “Right Way” to build software, and that the only way to build good software is by adapting theory to fit the needs of the client, codebase, team, tools, and organisation
- Strong problem-solving ability to identify and address ‘root cause’ for systemic or regularly recurring issues
- Regularly seeking input from others within the team, respecting opinions and different perspectives
- Strong communication skills, able to present with confidence in front of technical and non-technical audiences
- Displaying a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Appreciation for business objectives of a product/project
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
View & Apply