GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join the GitHub Actions team. The GitHub Actions team is responsible for the full stack of features and technologies powering the Actions experience on GitHub. As a team we are building the future of code automation enabling our customers to innovate and collaborate on both their continuous integration / deployment scenarios as well as software development workflows. You can learn more about GitHub Actions here:
In this role, you will be having the opportunity to work as a full stack engineer with a distributed, diverse and a passionate team delivering features and improvements to the stack powering GitHub Actions. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and deliver them into the hands of millions of developers across the world.
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- You will support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- You will participate in on-call rotations for your team and respond to incidents as necessary
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 2 years of working with OOP languages and patterns
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as understanding of continuous integration & deployment as well as the ability to gather, analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of production system monitoring & observability is necessary.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together-as individuals and in teams-to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
Are you legally authorized to work in one of the following: Australia, Austria, Canada (Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec), Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales), India, United States? *
If you answered yes, please provide more information and specify which countries you are eligible to work in.
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment? *
If you answered yes, please provide more information.
Please provide your current location: *
Why do you want to work at GitHub? *
Why do you feel you would be a fit for this role? *
Have you ever worked remotely before? *
What do you think are some of the challenges of working remotely, and how would you address them? *
How did you hear about this job? *
Do you currently or have you ever worked for LinkedIn, Microsoft, or any of Microsoft’s affiliates? *
View & Apply