Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Devices are important part of Okta’s mission to provide secure and seamless access to our customers. By bringing device security and compliance into access decisions, we limit access to known endpoints that meet our customers’ security and compliance requirements. We can limit access to devices with up-to-date software, compliant policies and encryption to improve security. Similarly, we enhance user experience by leveraging platform’s native capabilities enabling seamless access to corporate resources.
The Customization Platform team is responsible for providing features that enable developers and IT administrators to customize the Okta platform for their unique applications. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools are great, but you need to customize them to meet the strict branding and experience requirements for your applications and services. The Customization Platform team makes this possible by building features into the Okta platform that facilitate the customization and integration of the vast array of applications and use cases that our customers bring to our platform a daily basis.
As a backend engineer on this team you will have the opportunity to work within our Java stack, designing APIs to deliver data and functionality for front-end components, and implement logic and workflows that are specific to features that enable developers to configure the Okta platform. You will gain familiarity with the entire Okta platform while having the opportunity to partake in API design review sessions and review features for developer usage.
J ob Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience with caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
View & Apply