DESCRIPTION EC2 Networking has been one of the foundational pieces that has allowed customers to move to the cloud. We manage the traffic flowing through one of the largest networks in the industry, managing billions of requests. EC2 Networking is re-inventing itself again, and on a mission to transform how customers use networking.
We need your help though! We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who wants to build a next-generation networking service that will shift how customers use networking in the cloud.
A successful candidate is a strong engineer who is eager to grow their technical craft and help elevate the team around them. They would be someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done. You’re eager to be part of an exciting business and to add impactful value to internal and external customers alike.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#19 – Innovate BC – Benefits of Hiring & Training Youth Workers
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…
View & Apply