Please note that you are limited to one application during the recruitment period as we ask you to think ahead of what office and service line you are most interested in.
At KPMG in Canada, we believe our differences make us stronger. When you join the team, you’ll be part of a diverse group of professionals with a common goal – making an impact and driving innovation.
In a culture that fosters inclusion and encourages flexibility, you’ll receive the tools and guidance to grow your skills and achieve success your way.
Come as you are. Lets do this.
Why KPMG Lighthouse Exponential?
KPMG Canada’s Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation applies exponential thinking and emerging technologies to solve today’s challenges. Join a diverse team that is always curious and learning, thinking independently and working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems and has fun doing it.
- Our teams apply exponential thinking and emerging technologies to solve today’s challenges
- We are comprised of a global network of over 12,500 experts including data scientists and engineers
- Our teams build and deliver solutions that transform the business of our clients
- Our regional hubs are located in strategic markets and provide specialty services to local teams
KPMG Lighthouse Exponential Toronto has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent “figure it out” mindset
What you will do
- Design and build innovative solutions based on the requirement gathering and system analysis.
- Work in teams or individuals design, development and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with Solution Specialists and Engineers in drafting the functional specifications required during the software development life cycle
- Provide recommendations on how software can enhance user experience
- Architect, code and debug problematic code
- Provide expertise in cloud/on-prem/hybrid hosting solutions and full stack development
- Participate in the research and evaluation of new tools and technologies that can help drive innovative solutions for our clients
- Familiar with different architecture patterns of development
What you bring to the role
- Experienced with at least one back-end technology such as like Python, Node.JS, and Java
- Proficient in using and designing REST APIs
- Ability to develop a variety of user-oriented applications to deliver content in intuitive and innovative ways, through desktop, mobile apps and web interfaces
- Familiarity with programming methodologies such as version control (i.e. Git), testing, QA, Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
Keys to your success:
- Hungry for experience, and eager to learn in a rapidly changing industry
- A curiosity that looks to redefine the norm and sees technology and innovation as a tool to open new doors and new opportunities
- Passionate and capable of delivering solutions with a high attention to detail
- Self-learner and adaptability to different technologies and programming languages
- An attitude of resourcefulness that inspires creativity
Please apply directly to KPMG at
All applications must be received no later than September 21st, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Gavin Lubbe and should include a cover letter, resume, and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website. In the application questionnaire, you’ll be able to indicate your preference for position type and office location. For an easy application process, please PDF all documents into one PDF file.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact .
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at .