Are you interested in building out a cloud-scale log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced startup style environment?
Amazon Elasticsearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Elasticsearch’s easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading internet companies. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team:
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Elasticsearch Service team, you will:
. Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Python, and C/C++
. Work at the core of Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
. Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- Invent the future of search and log analytics in the cloud
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline • 7+ years of software development experience in Java, C/C++, and Python • 5+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science • 4+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure • Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene • Experience building customer centric enterprise products • Code contributions to opensource projects. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#16 – Rhum.hr – How to Practice Self-Care & Seek Support
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Read on if you want to work in the happiness business on a global scale. AbeBooks.com is an online marketplace for books that spans the world from Amarillo to Zurich. We offer for sale millions of …
View & Apply