Join an established, scaling and award-winning team at Trulioo (Truly-you)! Our company has been recognized as a “CNBC Disruptor 50 Company”, named by BC Tech Association as “Emerging Company of the Year” and “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum.
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 250 million businesses in more than 100 countries through a single API. Hundreds of businesses worldwide depend on Trulioo to help streamline and scale their customer onboarding, fraud prevention, and compliance operations across the world. With offices in Vancouver, San Francisco, and Dublin, we’ve fostered a world class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
To help continue to fuel our growth, we are looking for a highly experienced and strategically minded, Staff Software Engineer to expand our Technology team. Our Technology team goes above and beyond to ensure our software systems are robust and highly maintainable. This role will report into the VP of Technology. This is a full-time position in our Vancouver HQ. During the current crisis Trulioo is temporarily 100% remote.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with department leadership on high value technology issues impacting the entire team
- Provide technical leadership to Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, QA and Automation Engineers
- Analyze cross functional challenges and define technology solutions
- Work on foundational problems such as reliability, performance, interoperability and architecture
- Evaluate potential new technologies and techniques for use in the department
- Hands on coding work will be required however there will be a focus on analysis and strategy
- Establish and enforce quality standards throughout the department
- Broad experience with Software Development and DevOps
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to lead and influence other engineers
- Experience with relational and NoSql database technologies
- Architectural experience designing software systems
- Good collaboration and leadership skills, as well as passion for work in a team environment with the ability to resolve conflicts and align people
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Self-starter looking to contribute significantly to the team
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in the English language with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must
- Strong knowledge of AWS services
Education and Experience:
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of solid software engineering experience architecting and developing enterprise-grade applications
Working at Trulioo
A great place to work! Trulioo offers a fast-paced, dynamic, inclusive work environment where all employees have an impact. You will be challenged to achieve, develop, and grow as part of a hyper-growth company.
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy. In order to do this well, diversity and inclusion have always been fundamental to our mission, our culture and our life. Trulioo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience connects us with the customers and communities we serve, attracting top talent and passionate changemakers across the globe. Our mission matters – for billions of people everywhere. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
Trulioo offers competitive compensation and extended benefits package including dental, vacation and learning opportunities and programs. We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where everyone can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Trulioo is a growing company and while we thank everyone in advance for considering us, only those who are being considered will be contacted. For this position, you need to be legally authorized to work in Canada. We collect your full name, email address, phone number, and home address for the purpose of reviewing your application and establishing a possible employment relationship with you.
Powered by JazzHR