Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
BBA has a new opportunity for an intermediate structural designer in Calgary office to support our projects. This is a career opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented Engineer with strong expertise and experience in design and management of industrial projects. You will lead and coordinate BBA’s consulting services in the civil/structural discipline for the Calgary office for projects in the energy and natural resources industries.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be a leading member of a multi-disciplinary team of skilled engineers, designers, and project support staff
- Actively develop business opportunities and maintain positive client relationships
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, client focused and quality driven
- Proactive, take initiative and have analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to various environments and situations
- Comfortable presenting technical and financial information to clients
- Regularly updating knowledge and skills to stay current in engineering and best practices
- Solid working knowledge of SAP2000, SAFE and/or other structural and analytical software
- Lead and represent the field of expertise to various clients and stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of theory and concepts
- Ability to build positive peer relationships
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years of design experience for industrial projects in the mining and energy sectors
- Professional Engineer registered in AB, with eligibility to register in other Canadian provinces/territoriesS
- Self-starter who is innovative and enjoy working in a team environment
- Good knowledge of current applicable design
- codes for industrial building structures – steel and concrete (NBC, S16.1, A23.3) etc
- Prepare proposals, studies, reports, plans, designs, cost estimates and specifications
- Ability to manage small project team as a project engineer on small to mid-size multi-disciplinary projects
- Ability to work as lead structural engineer on larger projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client focus and business development experience – preparing proposals, presenting to clients
- Passion for coaching and mentoring junior/intermediate engineers and designers
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
View & Apply