Job Number: 15709
Group: Cosma International
Division: P&F Tool & Die
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Tooling Engineer is responsible for New OEM tooling launch as well as current production support of existing tooling.
- Design support for smaller scale internal engineering changes, tool improvements , and general toolroom design support
- Daily operational support for any tool related issues and track those repairs or modifications for continuous improvement
- Support all trials until the tooling has been approved by production tooling teams through AIAG PPAP process.
- ConductsAttend meetings with customer, with respect to design / launch reviews
- Report out at all APQP meetings and manufacturing reviews specific to your assigned programs. It is your responsibility to arrange for someone else to attend in your absence.
- Maintain complete issues lists for each Die fixture, etc
- Help develop and maintain our Die Build Standards based on lessons learned and benchmarking.
- Responsible for Design approval process, optimized for the production floor and conform to P&F Build Standards
- Manage changes, repairs and improvements to existing tooling and Tooling CI’s
- Manage the quoting, design, and manufacture process
- Assists in the development of quotations for new work engineering changes creation of tool processes
- 7 years minimum tool design experience in the automotive industry in Blank Transfer and Progressive fed tooling in a Production/Manufacturing environment preferably Tier 1 automotive.
- Engineering Degree/Diploma would be an asset.
- Certified Tool & Die Maker License
- Must have expert understanding of press automation, dies, equipment and metal technology as it relates to the automotive industry.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Ability to travel outside of Canada
- Ability to 3D Design in one of the following software – Catia V5, Unigraphics (NX10), Solid Edge
- Thorough knowledge of IATF16949/QS9000, APQP procedures, Quality Engineering, Supplier Management, Blueprint Reading, Advanced Measuring Techniques, Computer Literate,
- Knowledge of GD&T, QFD, Design for Manufacturing, VE/VA, DOE, DFMEA/PFMEA, Floor Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Quoting Procedures / Contract Review.
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD / MS Project / MS Office / Outlook
- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions;
- prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities;
- responds to situations as they rise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Makes sound decisions, analyzes problems skill-fully, uses logic to reach solutions.
- Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation; states own opinions clearly and concisely;
- demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions; asks others for their opinion and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding; exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction, commits to exceeding customer expectations.
- Anticipates problems, sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. Profile description:
The Home Depot
View & Apply