This is a full-time position based in the Middle East supporting the Middle East practice, with a focus on Corporate and Commercial team, together with the Construction Dispute Resolution practice across Middle East. It reports to the Head of Business Development & Marketing for the Middle East, taking day-to-day instructions from both the local Middle East and regional fee earners (FEs). The role holder is an integral member of the Middle East BD & Marketing (ME BDM) team, and will work closely with the global BDM team as required to help drive the business strategy
With 9 offices in the Middle East across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt, Dentons also has the broadest network of any international firm in the region, allowing us to deploy the very best legal talent to support clients.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
Pitching and market intelligence
- Proposals – promote general proposal best practice based on international standards from proposal alerts through to presentations and client debrief. Draft, edit and produce high quality pitches/proposals and capability/ experience statements in tandem with the local/regional/global teams.
- Opportunity Management – manage the ME Proposals Tracker, including win/loss reporting and feeding in to global opportunities trackers. Support the global BDM team with regional/global pitch requests, including descriptions, credentials and financials.
- Market Intelligence – conduct research via appropriate resources on existing/prospective clients/opportunities and track industry/market trends (including competitor tracking) to support regional BD initiatives.
Events and seminars/conferences
- Conferences/Sponsorships – negotiate key local/regional sponsorship/advertising deals as appropriate to fit within local/regional/global BDM strategies and budgets.
- Firm Events – manage/support client events from start to finish, working closely with the global BDM team, including drafting/editing/managing invitations and all client-related event communications. Ensure FEs proactively drive appropriate attendance. Lead event debriefs/manage feedback/track follow-up.
- Database – work with wider ME MBD team/FEs to drive improved use of the InterAction database in supporting events, including arranging/developing and delivering appropriate training/support as necessary.
Profile and internal/external communications
- Directories – work closely with the Head of BD & Marketing to drive improvements to the legal directory process, including drafting/editing/managing/supporting relevant local/regional/global submissions/interviews. Take the lead in developing/coordinating this strategic BD initiative for the ME region.
- PR – work with the Head of BD & Marketing to ensure that wins/awards/deals/new laterals etc. are properly communicated, both internally and externally. This includes working with all teams to source/draft/edit/drive submissions to local/regional/global awards.
- Profile building – support the Head of BD & Marketing/regional groups to improve profile, including proactively tracking opportunities with key legal and trade journals and sharing with groups as appropriate.
Marketing materials and client alerts
- Collateral – drive the production of tailored materials such as office brochures/group experience statements – including drafting/editing and managing internal processes/ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- Client alerts – drive/edit and manage client alerts, including proactively feeding through office news/deals/ articles for publications such as regional/global updates/other alerts.
- Website – ensure that the firm website is up-to-date/adequately reflects the skills/experience of the regional network. Includes drafting/editing/managing/driving web content. Support the Head of BD & Marketing to roll-out website development projects.
- Share information and best practice with the ME BDM team and attend weekly meetings.
- Support the Head of BD & Marketing to plan for/deliver strategic internal events including annual FE retreats.
- Support the Head of BD & Marketing to deliver regional/office BDM plans and budgets, and support the subsequent delivery of regional BD initiatives. Support the global BDM team in preparing global practice/sector group budgets and plans.
- Support/lead key regional cross-selling initiatives, including but not limited to individual practice group and wider global initiatives.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Between 4-6 years’ experience gained in a law firm.
- Solid experience in drafting/editing/delivering high quality proposals/bids (in English).
- Exceptional eye for detail and a good level of technical competence.
- Excellent oral and written English, exceptional communications skills.
- Strong project management skills with a pro-active approach.
- Ability to take responsibility for and lead local/regional/global projects.
- An appreciation of a legal partnership environment and specific issues affecting the delivery of legal services.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate determination and persistence.
- Ability to work effectively with and motivate partners and others.
- Requisite knowledge and skills to train, mentor and develop a direct report.
- Good team player.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons’ polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.