Business Analyst – Eurex Strategy & Initiatives (f/m/d)
Full-time | Limited
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
This position is initially limited for 2 years.
Field of activity
The Eurex Strategy & Initiatives team is seeking for a new team member to join and support its exciting portfolio of activities focused in the listed derivatives business. The team is working in close alignment with the Eurex CEO and management team to accomplish a wide variety of tasks that span from long term strategic planning activities to ad-hoc competitive analysis tasks and evaluation of measures.
- Analysis and monitoring of macroeconomic, market sector and technology trends in the framework of Eurex strategic positioning
- Ongoing review and coordination of Eurex listed derivatives strategy across initiatives, asset classes and services in close coordination with the relevant business owners
- Evaluation of cooperation opportunities across all regions (Europe, US, Asia). Review/negotiation of contractual relationship with external third-party partners and management of relevant relationship
- Identification and prioritization of organic and inorganic growth opportunities that might translate into profitable products/services for Eurex exchange listed derivatives portfolio
- Revenue and product/initiative roadmap budget planning and prioritization
- Competitive analysis and development of strategies to expand and diversify revenue streams
- Conceptualization and implementation of strategic initiatives
- University degree in economics, physics, mathematics, statistics or business administration with a focus on financial markets and products – or comparable education, preferably with a financial engineering background
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in the financial markets or management consulting
- Strong problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; creative thinker and a team player able to build strong relationships and rapport with internal and external interfaces
- Comfortable to work in close alignment with the Eurex CEO and Management Team.
- Able to integrate ad-hoc tasks with short timeframe delivery into with existing workload without compromising deliverables
- Familiarity with Eurex and Eurex Clearing products and services is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and mastering all of MS Office application are essential. Experience working with Excel macros, and familiarity with Zeppelin and Python is a plus
- Understanding of blockchain technology, digital assets and evolution of crypto exchanges in both derivatives and underlying tokens is a plus
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We offer our employees an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include a high level of trust and autonomy in modern, centrally located workplaces where corporate culture and values are exercised regularly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we encourage you to apply now!
Do you have questions about the application process or this position?
Danny Osadnik will gladly answer your questions. Please contact us at or by phone 069-211-11810. We look forward to getting to know you!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources
View & Apply