Requisition ID: 263950
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Part time or Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information:
Within the SAP Global Security (SGS) organization the department Cyber Defense & Design supports secure infrastructure & application operations, as well as secure cloud development, in order to deliver secure services to our customers. Additionally, it is acting as the trusted partner & advisor for IT and data security matters and is handling Security Incidents.
As a key individual contributor role, the (SAP) Business Applications Architect (f/m/d) is responsible for defining security architecture requirements in the area of (SAP) Business Applications Management, but also to provide guidance and consulting including compliance and technical security measures to SAP’s internal IT teams.
As Principal Security Architect (f/m/d) you will:
- Define & maintain IT security requirements and Security Reference Architectures
- Provide technical and architectural security guidance in the area of (SAP) Business Applications Management to the SAP Global Security organization, product-/ project teams and functional organizations
- Provide professional advice to internal and external parties
- Lead technical defense-in-depth reviews to evaluate and identify opportunities to enhance security controls
- Evaluate and/or design new technologies, processes, standards, and frameworks on an ongoing basis
- Build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders across the organization
Experience/ Role Requirements:
- Very Good knowledge of SAP´s product technology and underlying security concepts
- Relevant professional experience:
- SAP Basis systems both on Operation system level as well as inside the SAP system
- SAP authorization concepts (ABAP, S/4 HANA and HANA) and security role designs
- in at least one SAP own development languages ABAP, ABAP SQL, ABAP CDS and SAPUI5
- Good Knowledge on (secure) operations of IT systems and landscapes
- Very good spoken and written English
- 3+ years in an information (security) technology or information (security) architecture role
- Graduate in Computer Science or IT Security and/or equivalent Security Certifications like CISSP, CISA, CCSP or relevant SANS certifications
- Knowledge of SAP´s Cloud (incl. S/4HANA, HEC, SFSF, HCP etc.) is a plus
- Certification in SAP Basis/NetWeaver or SAP Security or relevant work experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.