YOU want to MAKE THE WORLD A SOMEWHAT SAFER PLACE? You’re interested in Artificial intelligence, Smart Systems and safe intelligence? THEN JOIN us at fraunhofer IKS in Munich AS
Manager Business Development – Parental Leave Cover
We are the Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems. As leading experts, we tap the full potential of intelligent software systems for safety-critical and highly reliable applications including autonomous cars and machines or medical applications. Become part of a highly motivated team and help us to shape the digital future.
To cover a parental leave beginning mid of March 2021 and ending in October 2022, we are looking for a Business Development Manager for our newly established Fraunhofer Institute – The Fraunhofer-Institute for Cognitive Systems.
Within this position, you have the opportunity to lead the group of Business Development and develop an exciting and challenging research environment, where both industry and the public sector will be inspiring and collaborative business partners. Supporting and applying agile project management and leadership methods are essential for your success.
We offer an innovative, technology-driven and startup-like environment in one of the leading research organizations worldwide. You will find exceptional opportunities to enhance your professional career in terms of networking, collaboration, career-building programs and a competitive starting package.
We are inviting your application!
- Pave the way for leading-edge solutions as a member of the institute’s strategy board
- Shape the future of AI – the technology of tomorrow
- Take over responsibility by generating impact with Fraunhofer’s social and environmental standards
- Enjoy freedom and opportunities of a startup-like institute along with the safety of a financially stable research organization
- Shape the Business Development team in terms of competences, culture and mind set
- Be a Solution Manager and build a bridge between market requirements and our institute’s assets and competences and vice versa
- Support the strategic definition of our product portfolio and the role of business development within the institute
- With a sense for future trends define entry strategies for tomorrow’s leading markets
- Acquire inspiring and innovative projects with leading partners – on industry and research level
- Be our face to the customer as key account manager
- Lead a team of Business Development experts
- Strong interest and preferably experience in the fields of AI, software architectures, safety and our main technologies
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of our core markets: Automotive, Production, Offroad and Medical Tech
- German on a native speaker level, English fluently
- Customer-oriented way of thinking and acting
- Agile mindset
- Visions and creativity
- Master in Economics or similar, PhD degree and postdoc experience desired but not necessary
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits are based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasizes gender-independent professional equality.
We would like to further increase the proportion of female specialists and executives in our company. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from women.
Severely handicapped applicants are preferably recruited with otherwise substantially equal suitability, aptitude and professional performance.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Remuneration up to TVöD pay grade 14 (dependent on qualifications).
Interested and curious? Please apply exclusively through the career page on our website with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
View & Apply