Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 350 technology and logistics experts in 10 locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
As Manager – Business Development & Expansion, you will be responsible for the assessment, preparation, launch and implementation of new countries and offices. As part of the expansion team, you will work closely with Forto experts in Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and Product, to enable the launch of new countries and support the local team to grow.
- Assess and analyse new market growth opportunities, develop and measure respective business plans, present and facilitate decision making with key stakeholders
- Structure pre-launch phases with stakeholders from sales, operations, technology and finance and coordinate the between these team
- Hands-on take over the implementation of cross-functional pre- and launch workstreams
- Support local management and the seed team with the execution of launch activities across all departments, monitor progress and take implement actions where necessary
- Work closely with functional leaders and local management to integrate new settings into our overall commercial governance throughout the ramp-up phase – from seamless integration and reporting in our CRM to established decision making
- Derive learnings to build up and continuously adjust the expansion blueprint and roll-out engine
- Work with our technology team to define innovation as part of internationalization
What you bring
- Your outstanding academic record in business administration, economics, or a related field underlines your high motivation to deliver and succeed
- You’ve honed your analytical skills in at least 2 years of work in one of the top strategy consulting firms, business development roles or VC/PE background
- You have an outstanding work ethic, thrive under pressure, provide a strong “Hands-on” mentality and feel comfortable in a fast changing, hyper growth startup environment; (experience in internationalization a plus)
- You’re a generalist that is comfortable working on a wide range of projects
- You possess outstanding analytical and conceptual skills combined with a strong business judgement and ability to think strategically
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German
Why Us – You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: .
At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities.
View & Apply