Your contribution within the team
Our fully integrated and ambitious Business Intelligence team (currently two Analysts, one Marketing Intelligence Manager and two Data Engineers) creates actionable insights from data for all teams and the management to empower them to make data-driven decisions, with smartly designed reports, data visualizations, and further definition of effective performance metrics. In your role you will carry out and further enhance Business Intelligence Analysis, build on a well-established database setup. For that you engage with different teams throughout the organization and the senior leadership. You’ll have a high degree of responsibility, shaping the analytics landscape and having an impact with your work on all departments and the entire company.
What Type of Workout You Can Expect:
- Partner with stakeholders from marketing, product & content, B2B and finance to understand/challenge their data needs and to drive functional improvements
- Create, manage, maintain and improve a repository of reports and interactive dashboards (currently using SQL, Python and Tableau)
- Lead various data analysis projects with big datasets to drive the success of our product and marketing – including A/B tests to optimize KPIs, identifying patterns in user behavior, customer journeys and segmentions
- Visualize and translate data into actionable improvement recommendations for all teams and the management, this includes clear presentations of complex findings to various organizational levels (also non-technical audience)
- Collaborate with the BI team to ensure adherence to KPI definitions and standards as well as to align on integration of new data sources or tools/methodologies
- Work closely with the Head-of BI on defining BI Strategy for Analytics, esp. support on how to further grow the team as the BI unit expands and to discuss how to tackle future topics like predictive analytics, algorithms and machine learning
- Be a data evangelist who has an eye on BI market trends and best practices that could leverage the our business, present the findings and suggests value-creating initiatives proactively and empowers others through documentation and active knowledge sharing
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, economics or similar
- 3+ years experience in a similar role ideally in a consumer focused online company, with proven track record in building data products that impacted the business
- Advance knowledge in data analysis methodologies, using SQL and Python
- Excellent data visualization & data storytelling skills, preferably with Tableau
- Very structured and analytical approach with an eye for both the big picture and the little details
- Comfortable with translating abstract data into actionable insights
- Strong communication skills, including excellent stakeholder management and the ability to explain complex findings to a non-tech audience
- Entrepreneurial mindset together with an hands-on-mentality
- Fluent English, German is a plus
The Gymondo Membership (AKA Interview Process): * Your first workout: A friendly call with the People’s team to get to know you.
- Let’s bump up the intensity: If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll send you a work-related task to dive deeper into a specific topic.
- Keep going strong: If you nail the task, we’ll schedule an interview with the team lead to discuss your assignment and dive deeper into the topic.
- Your last rep: Once you’ve wowed us with your strength and endurance, we’ll schedule a team interview so you can meet our amazing colleagues.
Benefit From the Gymondo Workout Package:
Set your own workout schedule: Make use of our flextime and home office options and take 30 days paid vaca on us.
Boost your endorphins: Enjoy in-house fitness classes, a free Gymondo membership
Need some serotonin? Get involved in our regular team events, game nights, and virtual Friday beers.
Train your brain: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our annual €1000 development programs.
Cholesterol-free zone: Dig into healthy snacks and wash them all down with the help of an office espresso machine.
Track your success. We value feedback. We give and receive feedback openly and honestly because we understand this is the only way we can truly grow, both individually and collectively.