Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
This role will be a high-impact, highly visible ‘resident expert’ on data analytics, the automotive industry and customers that we serve. You will be on the front lines with customers, bringing their voice into our discussions and decisions within the automotive division. This role will lead a team that builds a best-in-class research practice, sharing thought leadership both within HARMAN and publicly whenever possible. You will guide research design, work with external and internal partners to implement market research and communicate findings.
As a summary you and your team will build a virtual model of Harman Automotive with its boundary conditions, key dependencies and influences that is continuously refined. This model needs to be easy to engage with to help answering the fundamental questions as outlined below to guide the divisional strategy.
You team will consist of 5-7 market researchers, data specialists, data engineers and business model simulation experts globally.
What You Will Do
- Oversee all Automotive customer research globally and help shape the path forward for the company leveraging the insights learned.
- Lead a team of top tier leaders who drive the research and insights on how customers react to our products (at all stages of creation), our marketing and our overall customer experience.
- Represent and advocate for research and insights with cross-functional executives, Customer Groups and Marketing.
- Lean into innovative techniques to make use of cutting edge digital first user research, market research and consumer insights including competitor research, trend scouting and market and technology research globally.
- Develop methods and processes that allow high levels of automation using learning based best practices and Ai based interpretation and data validation.
- Hone your team’s storytelling abilities as they effectively interpret and share all kinds of data with Customer Groups globally.
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing and retaining high-performing research professionals who bring diverse perspectives and excel within an inclusive environment.
- Examples for decisions that will be supported by your work: what product categories shall we invest in, what is the most promising business model for what product, who will be the competitors and customers in the next 5 years and beyond, what solutions (b2b) or user experiences (b2c) are customers willing to pay for and what products do we have to compile these solutions?
What You Need
- University degree in a quantitative background (data science, economics, engineering, business etc.)
- 10+ Years in market research and design, data analytics or relevant experience
- Strong listening skills, and curiosity for understanding workplace culture.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, storytelling ability, and executive presence
- Experience building strong, collaborative cross-functional partnerships. You are a positive relationship builder, comfortable working and influencing across the organization.
- You love directly engaging with and understanding the needs of the people we serve – internally and externally
- Organized and entrepreneurial – you can independently build a research strategy and agenda and make it happen.
What is Nice to Have
- International work experience
- Being a thought leader in data analytics and creation of meaningful insights from vast data repositories
- Experience in working directly with Automotive OEM customers
- Solid network within HARMAN Automotive
- Multiple language skills
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office as described above
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ( )
View & Apply