Horizn Studios is a fast-paced digital travel venture based in Berlin. Horizn was founded by experienced entrepreneurs Stefan Holwe and Jan Roosen in 2015, with strong backing from international VCs and renowned private investors. Horizn received special attention thanks to its groundbreaking innovations and global collaborations with opinion-leading partners such as BMW, Soho House, Airbnb and DJ Seth Troxler, to name a few. Our range of smart luggage, bags and travel accessories is distributed predominantly direct-to-consumer, as well as online and through the brand’s own stores.
With us you will work in a highly motivated, curious and highly qualified team of passionate travellers who believe in a world without borders and in cross-cultural connection. Our work culture is characterized by curiosity, creativity, cooperation, genuine empathy, a positive attitude towards life and a belief in community. Join us on our journey.
Let’s go further – together.
As of November we are looking for a
Business Intelligence Manager (m/f/d)
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Manager (m/w/d) to join our Berlin team. As our Business Intelligence Manager, reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting adhoc and deeper analytical projects. The role provides the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, finance, operations and product. You will own the design, development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, tables, reports and analyses to drive key business decisions.
This will be a diverse and highly visible role requiring a strong aptitude for building partnerships with and influencing a wide range of stakeholders at every level of the business. You will establish yourself as a subject matter expert in a fast growing, ambiguous and high-pressure environment, relentlessly advocating for our customers and partners.
- Support business teams with providing adhoc and in-depth analysis
- Design, implement and maintain platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to datasets (e.g. data visualization tools for non-tech business users)
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Assist in the design and development of highly available dashboards and metrics using appropriate software and programming solutions
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an analytical field – e.g. Economics, Operations, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance
- 2+ years’ experience as a business analyst or comparable professional experience
- Profound knowledge in AWS and Google cloud infrastructure
- Strong SQL skills, preferably experience with Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Experience with BI tools like Looker and Tableau
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects
- Experience with ETL tools like Airflow or dbt
- Experience with the Google Marketing Platform (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Optimize)
- Detail-orientation and an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, earn trust and influence at all levels of the business
- A bias for action and the ability to deal with ambiguity, work effectively and drive change in loosely defined situations
- Excellent English oral/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
What we offer
- You will actively shape the future of our dynamic company on an international level.
- Ownership for your field of responsibility; if needed supporting colleagues, mentors or team leads are always at your side.
- You will work in an international, dynamic team that works closely together at eye level with fun and motivation.
- You will receive a competitive salary and other benefits such as cold drinks, coffee, healthy snacks, BVG benefits and of course employee discounts on our products.
- You will work in our beautiful, centrally located office with a great outdoor space in Mitte and a very lively environment with many cafés, restaurants and shops but also have the opportunity of partly working remotely.
We are looking forward to your message and resume! If you have any questions, please contact our HR Manager Meike (at 030-4036453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).