The Automation Engineer will be based in Prai, responsible for the project management and complete design of the mechanical systems and some electrical and controls functions of medium to large sized industrial automation machines. Some specification and programming of PLCs, robots and servos may need to be done from time to time also.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do
- Design mechanical systems for new, modify existing, automated machinery to automate manufacturing processes.
- Design and specify some electrical components for custom automated industrial machines.
- Coordinate with other engineers and manufacturing and assembly to ensure design intent and cost effectiveness of production are achieved.
- Establish technical manuals, drawings, models, training documentation, preventative maintenance plans and troubleshooting guides for newly established automated equipment/processes.
- Travel to customer sites for design reviews, research, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to accept customer design feedback and improvement suggestions and brainstorm with others.
- Adhere to good manufacturing and good documentation practices.
- Lead, advise and train more junior engineers.
- Ability to self-direct on projects and tasks and the ability to manage a team.
- Ability to talk to current clients and find new ones to generate sales.
- Review, understand and explain customer specs and prints.
- Develop machine and manning timing plans for new production equipment /processes.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the design of automated equipment, SMT, systems design or manufacturing.
- Additional courses in statistics, databases, fluid dynamics or robotics is an advantage.
- Expert Knowledge in 3D CAD software or PLC Programming or HMI Programming is added advantage.
- Expertise in Solid works.
- Ability to coordinate with outside suppliers.
- Mechanically inclined, strong problem-solving skills, hands-on individual.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com Company Description ENGLISH Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multip…Integrates, tests, installs, configures, and/or supports Factory automation software systems. Coordinates factory requirements, maps them to automation systems capabilities, and r…Ansell is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs a…