Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Career Medical Officer
Remuneration: $127,539 – $190,032
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ125884
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Career Medical Officer – General Medicine – Griffith Base Hospital
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) has over 3,500 staff, 33 Public Hospitals, including 2 Base Hospitals, 8 Acute Community Hospitals and 16 Multi-Purpose Services. A progressive organisation, Murrumbidgee LHD continues to make significant achievements in improving health services and strives to provide a compassionate health care system that consistently delivers the highest standard of care to people, no matter where they live.
Communities we support are diverse, with approximately 245,000 people in communities large and small, across a geographic area of approximately 125,561 square kilometres. Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) spans across southern New South Wales, stretching from the Snowy Mountains in the east to the plains of Hillston in the northwest and all the way along the Victorian border.
About the role
The Career Medical Officer will work as a team of two (2) to provide on-site medical care across all clinical departments and care settings to provide medical care and participate in the Rapid Response Team. The Career Medical Officers will work together with Specialist Physicians in accordance with competencies. The Career Medical Officers and the specialist teams will work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patients.
This position is accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) for 6 months core General Medicine for Advanced Training in General and Acute Care Medicine.
Griffith Base Hospital is a 117 bed C1 peer grouped hospital providing a range of acute specialist services (both resident & visiting) including emergency medicine, general medicine, surgery, paediatric medicine, oncology, obstetrics, intensive care, respiratory medicine, renal dialysis and rheumatology. Each year there are approximately 19,500 emergency presentations, 2,500 operations and 540 births. Additional services at Griffith Base Hospital include physiotherapy, dietetics, pharmacy, occupational therapy and Aboriginal health. There are also a range of diagnostic services including Pathology, CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, General X-Ray and Mammography.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of
- Medical practitioner with general registration with the Medical Board of Australia with at least three years post-graduate experience and appropriate training and experience to undertake the role.
- High level skills and involvement in clinical care, supervision, mentoring and teaching. Able to exercise a moderate degree of professional independence.
- Demonstrated skills in and commitment to improvements in clinical care, patient safety and risk management processes, including the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams to achieve change.
- High level interpersonal communication and team skills
- Effective communication skills for working within health care organisations and the outside community, including capacity to use electronic communications (e.g. electronic records) effectively.
- Evidence of participation in continuing professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to the broader service objectives of the public health system, including the effective utilisation of resources, and participation in activities beyond direct patient care.
For further information
Please refer to the Your application must include a current resume and detailed responses to the selection criteria.
Find out more about
for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Dr Arunavo Chatterji
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.
To learn more about working for Murrumbidgee Local Health District visit
Like and Follow us on and ! Location: NSW – Riverina Region Job Description: Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing…Duties The Partnerships Engagement and Strategic Policy Branch are seeking an APS6 Senior Communication and Engagement Officer to work in our new regional office in Mildura and Gr…Duties The Corporate Strategy and Services Division are seeking Corporate Support Officers to work across our regional offices in Griffith, Murray Bridge, Mildura and Goondiwindi….