Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Remuneration: As per the award
Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: REQ116287
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners eligible for registration in New South Wales for the above position within the Department of Medical Services, Gosford and Woy Woy Hospitals, Central Coast Local Health District CCLHD.
Applicants should be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and / or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
Central Coast is comprised of the twin areas of Gosford and Wyong, positioned between Sydney and Newcastle, which are collectively expected to grow from the current approximate 300,000 to 450,000 population before 2030. The Local Health District has strong connections with both Royal North Shore Hospital and the University of Newcastle.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
For enquiries about the position please contact Dr Bruce Sanderson, Executive Director of Medical Services, phone (02) 4320 5339 or email
Applications are accepted via eCrednential ONLY. To apply and follow the Registration/Login process, Create/Update your Clinician Profile and complete the Application and Selection Criteria questions. If you experience difficulties applying please contact Senior Medical Workforce Unit on 4320 3009.
The Health Service is committed to EEO, OH&S, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Successful applicants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct. Relevant criminal record checks will be undertaken on recommended applicants. Employment is subject to having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases. Salary Packaging is available to enhance benefits.
Applications will not be accepted via agencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of clinical care and various clinical models of care and associated clinical information systems and ABF funding requirements.
- Comprehensive demonstrated knowledge of and experience in managing current issues in medical workforce, medical staff training and industrial requirements for medical officers.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in line with the CORE values and ability to provide leadership as part of the senior executive and ability to work in an executive team environment.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and application of patient safety, quality, risk management, change management, improvement systems, innovation and best practice.
- Demonstrated accountability and proven financial management skills within a health environment.
- Proven effective negotiation, communication skills (written and verbal) and conflict management skills with a wide range of stakeholders including Senior Medical Practitioners and the public.
- Medical Practitioner registered or able to be registered in Australia, inclusive of an unrestricted 19AB exempted provider number.
- Recognised specialist qualifications, fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and / or equivalent specialist recognition.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) To view the Clinical Privileges and Scope of Practice for this position
Applications Close: 4th August 2019 Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Staff Specialist Remuneration: As per the award Hours Per Week: 40 Requisition ID: REQ116287 Applications are in…Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Staff Specialist Remuneration: As per Staff Specialists Award, plus Allowances Hours Per Week: 40 Requisition ID: …Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Staff Specialist Remuneration: As per Staff Specialists Award, plus Allowances Hours Per Week: 40 Requisition ID: …