J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, and Trading Cost Management with a global team of ~1400 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Trade Cost Management
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
- Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
- Provides clearing at ~60 global Clearing Houses
- Settled USD equivalent ~24Bn in physical deliveries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Singapore. A multicultural island-state, exotic and modern. A hub of finance and business. We’ve been here since 1964. It’s a great city to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. Singapore is a critical regional hub for us. Our Singapore Corporate Center in Changi opened in 2013, playing an important role as one of the firm’s critical Technology & Operations hubs around the globe. And we’re still investing. We get to work with many regional colleagues in countries such as Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. From Singapore, we offer various services ranging from investment banking to asset management. As a Center of Excellence, it’s also the hub for our regional technology, operations, compliance, cyber security and other services.
The reconciliation group’s primary responsibility is to provide an effective reconciliation and settlement service of exchange traded derivative products to both internal and external clients of JP Morgan. JP Morgan is a clearing member on over 60 Futures & Options exchanges globally.
This role is focused upon derivative products. These include Fixed Income Securities, Equities, FX & Oil, Gas, Metals, Metals and Agricultural products. It is helpful that the candidate has some knowledge of the majority of these markets. The Singapore Regional Operations Centre (ROC) will be JP Morgan’s preferred hub for a wide range of operational support for our listed derivatives business. Any candidate should have some understanding of the physical delivery of contracts including fixed income, equities & commodities.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring that:
- Manage a high performing team of specialists responsible for reconciling Trades, Positions, Cash, Margin and Collateral across the full spectrum of Global Clearing relationships globally;
- Develop people strategy across the Reconciliations hubs across Singapore and Bangalore;
- Excellent knowledge of the products and the exchange rules covered by the team and is aware of the functions of the global business
- Point of contact for the group from a NA & EMEA strategic standpoint.
- All trade and position breaks are escalated and resolved on trade date + 1
- All exercise and assignment notices are correctly processed as per the published deadlines (including weekend working when necessary.)
- The Query Logging system is monitored constantly, especially for response times and investigation techniques
- Aware of the appropriate escalation procedures when issues are raised
- Reviews and checks production output from a control aspect
- Processes are reviewed regularly and where possible make suggestions for greater efficiency
- All procedures are kept up to date and easily accessible
- Any ad hoc requests of the team are dealt with in an appropriate manner
A Specialist should possess the following skills:
- Global Clearing Knowledge – (some Market & Product Knowledge for North American & European markets would be advantageous)
- Excellent Client focus and Customer care working practices
- Flexible attitude towards working hours due to the demands of the working place
- Strong intellectual curiosity for process improvements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Strong time management skills required to meet the many internal and external deadlines
- Good PC skills
- Excellent attention to detail
/regulatory requirements. Description: As a WCOB Operations Control Manager…JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets…Wealth Management Operations – Vendor Oversight Specialist – Assistant Vice President… to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate…Global Transaction Banking – Accounts Platform and Services Product Manager – Vice… President Job ID: 3185922 Full/Part-Time: Full-time Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2019-01…