An opportunity has become available for two Clinical Nurses (Medical Assessment Unit) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Working pro-actively to improve patient flow in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Consultant and competence in using Patient Flow Manager
- Promoting reporting of clinical incidents and near misses to improve patient safety and identify areas for service improvement
- Acting as an expert resource for other staff, facilitating the development of critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills
- Exhibiting the required Clinical skills including: Telemetry, Electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation, High Flow Oxygen therapy, Venepuncture and Intravenous Cannulation
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Certified copies of relevant qualification and registration must be provided to the appropriate manager/supervisor prior to commencement of clinical duties
- A minimum of a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma within a relevant specialty area is highly desirable. Where the successful applicant does not currently hold a relevant post-graduate qualification, commitment to completion of post-graduate study within an agreed timeframe is expected and will form part of the performance review process
- Professional affiliations related to the specialty are highly desirable
- Recognition under the RN Professional Recognition Program is highly desirable
- Credentialing through a recognised College (Credentialing4nurses) will be highly regarded
- This position requires effective computer skills or the ability to acquire computer skills relevant to the role in a short time frame
- This position may be required to work across Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent part time (two positions, hours ranging from 60-64 hrs p.f.)
- Base salary ranging from $46.51 – $49.81 per hour
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About the Medical Assessment Unit
The Medical Assessment Unit (MAU) provides a high level of acute clinical care with telemetry capabilities throughout the unit. MAU provides rapid assessment of medical patients presenting to the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) Emergency Department by the General Medicine team. This model aims to limit unnecessary investigations and circumvent multiple internal referrals to inpatient medical teams by providing early assessment and review of the patient by a senior clinician. Early discharge is facilitated for suitable patients and rapid referral to appropriate specialists occurs where inpatient subspecialty internal medical care is required.
To operationalise this model, a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care with an acceptance of management change from previous admissions systems employed for the majority of medical patients was mandatory.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a ( http://gchweb.sth.health.qld.gov.au/people-and-corporate-services/human-resource-services/organisation-capability/core-capability-framework.html ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Monday, 1 July 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC313606
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted. Please note this position can also be filled by an Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Social Worker as per Role Description. The Role Various permanent positions have beco…The Role An opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Facilitator (Practice Development) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on pro…The Role An opportunity has become available for an Enrolled Nurse (Acute Medical Unit) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-…