Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Consultant / Lead Consultant – Infrastructure Engineering
S2 Core / Advance
COO Engineering – Infrastructure Engineering
Manager / Sr. Manager – Infrastructure Engineering
Gurgaon / Bangalore
This role is in Infrastructure Engineering Team with in the COO Engineering function. This role would contribute to deliver the Network design, migration methods, network discovery, analytics, infra implementation and business cases for various Network transformation initiatives for all network domains in the Colt network.
This role will have deeper engagement in the development and execution of the strategies for core network build and transformation projects e.g. Node programme, TDM EoL, Network Life Cycle and Core infrastructure implementation capability.
- Network build of Colt Core network and assets (metro nodes, sub-nodes, LDN repeaters, IQNet sites etc)
- Network Analytics, technical design and implementation for network transformation programs e.g Node programme, TDM EoL, Network Life Cycle, Migrations etc.
- Deliver Network discovery and service analytics methods and database, aligned with network life cycle management for longer term Network strategy
- Develop teams with necessary skills to deliver the infrastructure design and implementation capabilities of new core network build and the replenishment of space/power capacity to support customer growth.
- Manage workflows for technical migration planning and execution of migration activities, covering network infrastructure and customer service migrations
- Manage internal SLA , OLA and stockholder management
- Driving teams with diverse skillsets in a direct and matrix based approach
Other accountabilities (optional)
- Process development
- Automation and simplification
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Design efficiency for Network Transformation programme
- Agreed SLA , OLA with internal teams
- Budget and Project timeline
Relationships and key contacts
- Engineering Teams
- Product Portfolio
- Service Delivery and Operations Teams
- Network Sourcing , Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance
- Legal , Security
- Real Estate
- Colt customers
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- 15-20 years’ experience in a telco Service provider environment, planning/configuring/documenting network assets and inventory.
- Demonstrate awareness/exposure to vendor equipment: WDM (Ciena / Infinera / ADVA), Ethernet, IP (Cisco/Ciena/Nokia/Juniper), Voice (DMS, EWSD)
- Basics of WDM and Ethernet technologies.
- Awareness of Infrastructure Planning and network rollout
- Exposure to Infrastructure element planning / implementation e.g. Copper , Fibre , Rakes, Telecom Nodes , Power plants , Transmission Towers etc.
- Proficient in MS-Excel and Visio
- Experience in planning and implementation of large scale network transformation programme
- Diploma / B.E. in Electronics/Telecommunications/Electrical Eng.
- Business Administration Certification / Diploma / MBA
- Fluency in written and spoken English is must – candidate is expected to communicate with colleagues across Colt.
- Be aware of colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/ mitigate the same as appropriate
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognizes the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to Online-learning Platform
- Business mentoring
- option of parking slots in the Colt Campus
- lunch vouchers
View & Apply