Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Join VME and you’ll join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients’ excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence. You will help guide clients through the model review, model support and model-build activities necessary to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organisation can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
As a transaction professional, you will work with the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies, funds and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border deals and engagements in the global market.
You will help those clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate, you will be a core member of the VME team advising on business plans, transactions, decision support, optimization and review of all types of business for a diverse range of clients. You will advise on the evaluation of all types of businesses, projects and securities, intangible assets and financial instruments. This could be for financial/tax reporting, mergers & acquisitions, advisory for capital transformation, investment and business growth plans. You will manage and deliver projects and teams of people and work within a diverse and highly professional group of valuation and business modelling specialists.
Aside from that, you will:
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor degree, preferably financial-related with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in financial modelling
- Proven track record excelling in financial / business modelling as a core strength
- Strong understanding of concepts of accounting, finance theory and analysis, risk and return, capital budgeting and financial strategies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now Corporate Finance – Valuations, Modelling & Economics, Associate/Senior Associate New 📁 Transaction Advisory Services 📅 KUA0024F Requisition # 📅 22 hours a…Corporate Finance practice provides advisory services relating to valuation services (business and shares valuations, valuation of intangible assets), project and investment adviso…Transaction Advisory Services – Corporate Restructuring, Associate/Senior Associate New 📁 Transaction Advisory Services 📅 KUA0027L Requisition # 📅 3 hours …