CARE | INTEGRITY | RESPECT | COMMITMENT
About the role
This is a critical leadership role responsible for the Medical Services and Clinical Governance at Capricorn Coast Hospital to meet organisational and community needs. Working closely with the Leadership team, you will be an authority on medical services as well as provide expert advice in resolving complex clinical, medico legal, ethical and operational challenges.
The position has operational and professional responsibility for all medical staff at the Capricorn Coast Hospital.
Some of how you will be assessed
- Leadership skills which prioritises quality, safety and risk and supports continuous improvement.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a high performing medical team to deliver safe health care within a quality framework and to command accountability of subordinate medical officers.
- High level of clinical experience in Emergency.
Mandatory qualifications / Professional registration / Other requirements
- MBBS or equivalent eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Mandatory fellowship of either the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP).
- Postgraduate qualifications in Rural General Practice (FARGP) or advanced skills training in Emergency would be looked upon favourably.
- Whilst not mandatory possession or progression towards FRACMA or other management qualification such as AFRACMA would be highly regarded.
- Driver licence (C class)
Great Queensland health wages, conditions and benefits available to attract the best talent.
Total package value up to $460,403 p.a. (L27), comprising salary between $214,897 – $227,843 p.a. (L25 – L27); or total package value up to $422,426 p.a. (L24), comprising salary between $179,703 – $208,735 p.a. (L18 – L24); or or total package value up to $402,425 p.a. (L25), comprising salary between $179,703 – $214,897 p.a. (L18 – L25): Permanent, Full-time or Part-time and includes:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development allowance ($21,000 p.a.)
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
Additional benefits to this role include:
- Motor Vehicle Allowance
- Over-time and on-call allowances
- Clinical Managers Allowance – CMA3
- Inaccessibility Allowance ($13,800 p.a.)
- 100% paid after twelve months completion period
- 25% paid in three monthly instalments thereafter
How to Apply:
The Role Description and Information Package provide specific information on how to apply for the advertised position. If you have difficulty viewing the Role Description in PDF format please contact Recruitment Services – Rockhampton and quote the Job Ad Reference(JRN) RK9H320202Y.
Call Associate Professor Alan Sandford AM on +61 (0)7 4920 7244 to discuss the role or apply online now! CARE | INTEGRITY | RESPECT | COMMITMENT About the role: As the Clinical Director Anaesthesia and High Dependency Unit (HDU), you’ll be responsible for the quality, cost efficien…About the Position A rare opportunity has become available for enthusiastic Clinicians to join the dynamic team at the Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Rockhampton. These opportun…Duties The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) is an independent statutory office established by the Fair Work Act 2009. Our role is to promote harmonious, productive and cooperative workpl…