Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company’s success are over 58,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, and Canadian Headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks. Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in North America. The company specializes in latest-technology engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known buildings throughout Canada, including Scotia Plaza, Bay & Adelaide, World on Yonge, Edmonton Arena, Calgary Airport, and Vancouver Canada Line.
Mobility is the goal
- Participate in change management activities within the supply chain organization
- Actively support global development and implementation activities as a technical resource.
- Lead implementation/execution efforts related to new product and changes to existing product lines at our factory or within our vendor base.
- Technical project management coordinator for non- and cross-functional project members / tasks
- Lead cross-functional teams as required within a project
- Review new product proposals and changes to existing product line materials.
- Validate the accuracy of manufacturing documentation and ensure quality of information to our manufacturing and vendor base.
- Propose, plan, implement, and support activities aimed at efficiency improvement and best in class manufacturing practices through process optimization and/or product development.
- Plan and implement fabrication and assembly of prototype components as determined by design complexity.
Mobility needs you
- Experience with CAE, SAP, PDM (Product Data Management)and MS-Office and Intranet tools, highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, plus two to four years of related experience.
- Lean Background/certification preferred.
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD required; 3D drafting would be a plus.