- The University’s increased research investment has led to an exciting opportunity for a Finance manager to undertake a broad role partnering with the Research Portfolio.
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing position with a remuneration package of 124k which include leave loading and 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Open to University of Sydney employees only
As the Finance Manager you will partner with the research portfolio to provide financial services and support, including accurate financial planning, reporting & strategic advice whilst also engaging in strategic cross university research projects as required. This support will be delivered to multiple stakeholders including PVC’s, COO’s, Directors & General Managers.
As an integral part of the senior management team of the portfolio you will be expected to contribute to continuous improvement and new initiatives within both the assigned portfolio, and wider Financial Services, including process improvement and change management support for financial process improvements
The role reports to the Associate Director – Research Finance & forms part of the Finance Manager network . This network providing comprehensive local support for all financial management requirements, accounting and reporting matters. With delivery achieved though working efficiently and collaboratively with the group as well as the broader Financial Services areas.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Finance Manager who can demonstrate:
- highly developed relationship management skills across all levels
- highly adept at communicating to a non finance stakeholder group
- ability to exercise initiative, tact, discretion and good judgement
- ability to interpret, apply and integrate complex financial policies and procedures, external requirements and accounting standards.
- extensive management accounting experience including proven ability to provide strategically aligned financial insights, sound financial management, decision support, advice, analysis and support to client group/faculty and finance team
- expertise in using multiple systems in particular MS Excel/Powerpoint, Hyperion, ThinkCell
Finance comprises of three broad business areas, with teams providing Specialists, Functional expertise, and Engagement advice and support:
- Specialist teams: Investment and Capital Management and Strategic Financial Solutions
- Functional expertise teams: Financial Control and Treasury, Financial Management and Analysis and Procurement Services
- Engagement teams: Corporate Finance, along with client portfolio groups including Medicine and Health, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Information Technologies, University of Sydney Business School, Humanities and Social Sciences, and University Schools.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Hector Eden on 02 8627 7270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Karen Dowling on 02 8627 7743 or
Please refer to the candidate information pack for further details.
Job Reference No. 2106/1019C
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, 15th October 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment. Take responsibility for the design and delivery of a number of finance improvement projects. This expanding services organisation is seeking a Finance Projects Manager to work with…The International Consumer Finance (LFO) team works provides a broad spectrum of financial and portfolio analysis to support product and investment decisions for the Australian/New…See yourself in our team Within Financial Services, your role forms part of Enterprise Services (ES) Finance, a team of 100 finance professionals striving to achieve its mission …