Employee Group: Support Staff – Appendix D
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 19/S/127
Hourly Range: $36.42 – $42.22
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue up until January 15, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Budgets & Financial Planning, the Financial/Budget Analyst is primarily responsible for overseeing the College’s institutional spending by providing guidance and in support to clients in planning, developing, evaluating and monitoring of the annual budget. The position is accountable for preparing the annual budget, comparing it to actual results, and reporting on variances from the budget. The incumbent acts as an advisor to department managers in formulating their budget submissions.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing consultation services and guidance to budget holders for the planning, development and preparation of the annual operating budget for Vice Presidents, Deans and Directors, and ensures divisional financial objectives are achieved;
- Acting as liaison between Finance and financial information users to resolve budgetary and financial matters and respond to inquiries;
- Compiling and analyzing complex financial data and ad hoc projects;
- Supporting proposal development by providing financial guidance in developing accurate budgets; supporting contract negotiations by identifying relevant costs and appropriate level of funding; setting-up budgets by reviewing financial proposals agreements; and other financial stipulations;
- Designing and preparing special costing studies by identifying requirements of end user, identifying, obtaining and compiling data, designing and analyzing reports, and succinctly presenting findings and recommendations;
- Working as a member of the proposal development team, which includes senior managers and other members of project teams, to provide functional guidance and support to develop accurate budgets that align with the expenditures required to support the proposed project activities;
- Contributing to the review of the contract and identifies any issues/concerns to senior managers so that these may be addressed prior to the contract being signed;
- Maintaining and providing necessary documentation, data and analysis to support the College’s and the funders’ review processes; liaising with the auditors and budget holders to coordinate project audits and resolve auditor’s queries; preparing special project audit files and expenditure statements; preparing year-end journal entries and rollover budgets to the following year, as required;
- Working with the budget holders to develop a financial model that is unique and appropriate for the project and acceptable to the auditors;
- Reporting/Auditing Preparation for Ministry/Internal Requirements;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 4 year Bachelor of Business Administration degree with Specialization in Accounting or a related field along with a minimum of 5 years of accounting/budgeting experience including preparing and analyzing financial data and reports (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Must have completed Professional Accounting Designation (CGA/CMA/CA/CPA)
- Advanced proficiency in the functional use of Excel and working with spreadsheets
- Strong consultation/advisory skills to provide guidance to clients on financial policies and procedures using simple layman language
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and analyze data and a range of budget and financial data to determine validity and completeness of data
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), PSAB (Public Sector Accounting Board)
- Knowledge of accounting standards, practices, audit preparation, and MTCU (Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities) guidelines.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency. About the Company Our client is a leading expert in the CPG industry and operates among the world’s most well-known brands. Company Culture Promotion happens within 2 years M…Job ID: 177709 Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581) Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA) Job Type: Full Time Position Type (Regular…Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Mississauga, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA) Job Type: Full Time Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Contract Job Function: Finance At Sephora …