At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Financial Systems Analyst to join our growing Finance team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Providing strategic financial leadership throughout the firm, our Finance team supports services to achieve MNP’s business objectives. We deliver transaction processing, reporting and analytics to support all aspects of the firm and manage all financial activities with expertise and precision.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintain and administer existing and future business applications and reporting systems such as OneStream, Agresso, and SSRS ensuring application access, financial security and system data integrity
- Assist in the development and maintenance of multidimensional databases and tabular (SSAS) data models.
- Support the Finance department in the planning, design, development and maintenance of financial reports
- Setup, maintain and document financial system processes
- Automate reporting using SSRS, T-SQL and other reporting tools; gather requirements, develop, deploy and test reports, reconcile data, setup and maintain data access and report security
- Review current report distribution and provide recommendations for improvements
- Troubleshoot, track and respond to issues
- Work with subject matter experts and business users to improve business processes
- Collaborate with members of the Finance group, as well as other departments, to enhance system performance and create system solutions
- Conduct ad hoc system projects as assigned
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Possesses a degree or diploma in Management Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years experience working with financial systems and reporting tools (SSRS, Tableau and Hyperion), Microsoft SQL tools and writing automation reports
- Capabilities in SQL, multidimensional databases, and tabular data models.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office suite and experience in Network and Microsoft Windows server environments is required
- Experience with implementing, administering and supporting ERP and CPM systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of SSAS (tabular or dimensional), SSIS, MDS, DQS, data warehouse methodologies, Power PI and Tableau is considered an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world. Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow! A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially R…A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a…DIFFERENT BY DESIGN At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest…