Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network. Our software and technology are center stage in creating value for our business and our customers.
Are you ready to be part of an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionise trade?
You’ll play a vital part in our success, helping shape Engineering practices within Maersk Technology, and building the experience to advance your career.
In this role, you will be working on the Maersk.com platform as part of a newly formed Personalisation & Recommendation team, based out of Copenhagen, developing the core capability that will drive personalisation and recommendations to our customers across all channels, taking Maersk.com to the next level of enhanced customer experience.
We work together, we workout together (in our onsite gym). We meet in our newly renovated office; we meet for walks along the water. We discuss world affairs over breakfast and lunch in our canteen, or in our collaboration lounges. We wear what makes us feel comfortable and we wear ourselves out finding solutions to problems that affect millions of people every day. If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment supporting an ambitious team on a great transformation journey – then this role is the perfect next step in your career!
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge and passion of software engineering, data and data science that will transform the transport and logistics industry. As a Full Stack Engineer with Maersk, you will be part of the community of engineering practitioners across the company, where we develop the foundations of our future business.
We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action.
We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a new dynamic team and solve some of the toughest problems in the industry and build the future of trade & logistics. Maersk’s Technology organisation offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. In our Copenhagen office, we are a growing team of more than 30 nationalities. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
You will be part of a strong data science and full-stack software engineering team, shaping product and business decisions to help drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world. Your responsibilities include:
- Build, test and run scalable solutions that deliver personalisation and recommendations to our customers across all channels.
- Deeply understand our customer needs and business problems. Apply your knowledge of technologies that can deliver enterprise solutions and outcomes for our customers. We care about team members who are not only technical specialists but are excited about understanding the logistics domain—no prior experience in logistics required, so long as you are committed to learning!
- Work with like-minded platform engineering teams to develop the functionality of our future data systems.
- Be able to work end-to-end: design, prototype, implement, test and optimise software, alongside others in a talented and highly engaged team of growth hackers, data scientists and software engineers.
- Operate in a scrum team with a dedicated product manager, independently directing your time and resources together with other software engineers, data engineers and scientists in the team. You will need to participate in transforming the way we work. The cultural transformation of our business and industry is the guarantee of long-term growth and success.
- Contribute to the wider engineering community at Maersk, sustaining and constantly improving processes, culture and technical landscape to ensure we are leading global trade in the next century.
Who we are looking for
For us, it is all about you, and how we can build the best career with you in mind. Of course, we have an expectation around what you can bring to the role – but don’t expect that you bring all of the things mentioned below. In short, we use a more holistic approach to the evaluation of our potential employees- so get in touch to see how you can be part of this journey!
You have industry engineering experience that you have succesfully honed in either a software or analytics-intensive industrial company, as part of an agile software engineering team, building and running highly available customer-facing products. You love what you do, and are proud of your results.
Your expertise in compiled programming languages (such as C/C++, Java, Scala, C#, rust, go, haskell, etc) and its development ecosystem (compilers, build tools, testing, logging, debugging, monitoring tools, libraries, etc) mean that you can confidently pull down work to engineer some of the most amazing applications in Europe.
you use your familiarity with web server applications, web protocols, authentication, authorisation when you are designing microservice architectures, APIs (REST, other), scaling web sites, performance tuning – and can do this with your team on standalone!
We know that having a working knowledge of technologies like Apache Hadoop, Spark streaming, Kafka; Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, GCP or AWS – will lead to sucess in this team.
The team you willl collborate with have expertise in portable POSIX shell scripting (bash, GNU coreutils) – so it would be great for you to have knowledge of this too/
We would love if you have familiarity with building customer-facing UIs (but don;t worry – it is not a frontend developer role!!).
It is expected that you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent experience). The ideal person will possess an advanced degree with a focus on distributed systems, cloud technologies or AI.
- Expertise in at least one scripting programming language (python, perl, ruby, lua) and its development ecosystem (as above), with focus on libraries for data science, statistics, machine learning, etc.
- Expertise with DBMS-related development: proficiency with SQL, •experience of building and maintaining highly optimised scaled databases, working alongside DBAs.
Last application date: 18 June 2021.
Maersk is an equal opportunities employer. You can find our statement on equal opportunities at https://www.maersk.com/en/procurement/responsible-procurement/labour-and-human-rights/equal-opportunity
ARE YOU READY??!
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com
All the way.