Job Description :
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Technology team, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software and engineering skills.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking a self-motivated Full-Stack Software Engineer, who is obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives.
- Create Design Specification documents and mentor team on design to be implemented and review code aligned with Design recommended.
- Perform Code Review, Test Case review, Unit Testing coverage, reporting on QA standard utilization and development process improvements.
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable Systems design
- Guide the development of engineering staff across different product team’s (Squad’s), be part of the agile process end to end on key products in BAU and at project level.
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Influence and lead discussions with our strategic internal and external partners/vendors to advance our platforms and deliver value sooner
- Be the conduit to our Architecture team realizing the strategic vision of Manulife’s technology stack
- Gatekeeper for Secure and Devops SDLC process ensures alignment with Devops is adhered, enable gaps accordingly.
- Gatekeeper of Information Risk process, organize, schedule, implement risk items and ensure team fixes the risk as per agreed SLA.
- Dev QA Gatekeeper, ensure Quality before shipped to UAT phase.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Understanding of the fundamentals financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!)
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Company Description As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – …Job Description This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills. The candidate will be working with a small team of…Diversiteam is a global marketplace of vetted engineering talent that enables opportunities for individuals to get out of their comfort zone, expand their horizon and develop thems…