Job no: 744857
Business unit: Finance
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 800 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust – VIC Metro
- Opportunity for Head of Accounting Operations
- Showcase your highly evolved strategic and people leadership experience
- Proven expertise in leading Transformational change would be well regarded
Today, we have more than 33,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. We know that to be Australia and New Zealand’s most respected bank, we need to be more than good with money. We need to be just as good with people, too.
We strive to embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
About the role
Reporting to the GM Financial Control Banking, the role of Head of Accounting Operations is responsible for providing operational and commercial leadership for the Accounting Operations function coupled with partnering with GM Financial Control Banking on broader strategic initiatives. The role is required to think broadly within defined strategies and policies to achieve business outcomes. In particular, establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient operating model for the delivery of finance services to internal stakeholders and constantly enhancing processes and controls. This will involve partnering with external service providers to deliver services to stakeholder groups in line with agreed service level agreements.
In this pivotal and exciting role, your key leadership responsibilities will include:
- Leading a large-scale team both onshore and, in partnership with external service providers, offshore.
- Identify, escalate and manage downstream change impacts of key Finance projects to ensure simpler and faster objectives are balanced with BAU requirements
- Drive transformation strategy in offshore function including execution of decisions that may include insourcing, increased scope, process improvements and “digitisation”.
- Instil a strong risk and controls culture in the team, ensuring an appropriate Financial Control framework is in place and there is a focus on review and enhancement of controls.
- Engagement with Senior Finance Leaders to ensure the strong service provision by Accounting Operations to other Finance teams and to understand key changes that will impact processes owned by the team.
- Engagement with external service providers through formal governance meetings to ensure strong service provision by the offshore team and to communicate change impacts for processes owned by the offshore team.
- Through effective recruiting strategies, provide a Talent Pipeline into the broader Finance Function.
- Lead implementation of the Finance strategy through the Accounting Operations team.
- Establish the operational settings of Accounting Operations including setting resource supply frameworks and operational performance targets to ensure ongoing delivery of services within stakeholder SLA’s.
- Provide fact based performance feedback to direct reports regarding their proficiency, performance in their role, behaviours and development opportunities.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will be an innovative thinker with a strategic mindset who is known for seizing opportunities and not just waiting until the right time. You are a thoughtful and an engaging leader who builds high performing teams. Inspiring and emotionally intelligent, you are known for your exceptional leadership, communication, people and stakeholder management skills as well as your innate ability to navigate your way through complex and at times ambiguous environments. You will bring to this role, your proven experience leading large-scale Finance teams, where you will showcase your deep knowledge and expertise in financial accounting standards, polices, practices and processes across this domain. A relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance coupled with a post graduate qualification (CA / CPA) is required for this role.
We believe in people with ideas and dreams, and we want you to achieve your aspirations. At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers’ expectations means we’re constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
At NAB, we provide access to many exclusive employee benefits that will support you both personally and professionally. These include volunteer leave, education and learning benefits and banking & financial services discounts for example. Visit our benefits page for more information
How to apply
This is a genuine opportunity to make an impact in a big way, and help deliver the goals of Accounting Operations within Financial Control Banking. If you have the required knowledge, experience and leadership to step up to the challenge, apply today.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 26 Jun 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Jul 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time Chief Pilot/Head of Operations Job no: 578091 Work type: Full time – Fixed term/Contract Categories: Sciences, Education, Management Key Leadership role 5-year full time, f…Duties The position of Head of Finance is responsible for managing the corporate and investment accounting teams and the payroll function. The role will be responsible for the str…Apply share this job Email Job Save Job Melbourne CBD Temporary Bullet points Work for an top ASX listed company One of Melbourne’s most impressive head office spaces…