WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Manager, M&E this position will be responsible for design, 3D model (AutoCAD and Revit), installation details, and contract admin (CA) services on various projects.
WSP’s broad scope and extensive range of skills which exists within our talented team of experts, means that we are well positioned to deliver cutting-edge, pre-eminent projects across many industry sectors. As we continue to grow our expertise, significant opportunities for professionals to expand their expertise and enhance their careers materialize. Our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical group is no exception.
Whether you are an Electrical Engineer looking to take on more responsibility for project delivery or you are interested in being a subject matter technical expert, WSP is excited to hear from you. If you are an ambitious professional and you regularly as yourself; “How far can I take my career?”, let WSP help you find the answer. Join WSP.
- Electrical design of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, grounding, lightning, control, communication, emergency power and generators, and security systems;
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering requirement for Building and Site design;
- Ability to perform interdisciplinary coordination with Mechanical, Structural, Civil, Site Services, Signaling, Architectural, Project Management, and Construction Management disciplines per project requirement;
- Prepare and review AutoCAD and Revit 3D models for all electrical systems as mentioned above; perform clash detection with Revit 3D to find interdisciplinary 3D model clashes;
- Perform individually or as a team member with electrical discipline;
- Knowledge of project management requirement including reporting, financials, and resourcing to help with senior engineers and project managers;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and registered P.Eng. with PEO;
- 6 to 12 years’ of experience designing electrical systems for buildings, transportation, commercial, and industrial projects including but not limited to: power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, lightning, life safety and communications;
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and meet the deadlines;
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, applicable codes and standards such as OBC, IEEE, CSA, and OESC;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Detail oriented, Organized, Hard worker, and Team Player attitude;
- Project Management knowledge, PMP is a plus;
- Thorough familiarity with software used for engineering studies – arc flash, load, fault and coordination studies, lighting, grounding, etc. is an asset.
Markham WSP is currently seeking a Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Mana…Your new company Our client is an industry leading Consulting Engineering firm in the GTA that specializes in providing the full spectrum of Mechanical and Electrical systems. The…Markham WSP is currently seeking a Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Markham office. Reporting to the Manager, Mecha…