Requisition ID: 262821
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people s lives.
As part of Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS), HANA Enterprise Cloud Delivery (HEC) is responsible for running customer landscapes around the globe in a 24×7 operations model. We operate a variety of important and business critical SAP systems and applications embedded in an international delivery approach. We are responsible to build and operate the external customer systems for HEC.
Within HEC Delivery Technical Operations, Incident Management is a service area, with focus on improving customer experience with HANA Enterprise Cloud and ensuring at least 99.99% availability, faster turn-around time, best-in-class quality with ambitious SLAs.
For the Delivery Center in Bangalore, India, we are looking for an IT Technology Sr. Consultant as Basis / application support good with a strong technical background for supporting incident management in the Managed Cloud Delivery environment. Driving continuous improvement is our focus to increase operation, availability and efficiency.
As IT Technology Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Resolving incidents including major incidents (production and non-production systems) and analysis of the problem to find a permanent fix
- Delivery and maintenance of complex SAP Landscapes by providing technical expertise and support.
- Presentation to senior management on incident trend, analysis and action plan
- Planning, setup, implementation and operation of SAP technologies achieving ambitious SLAs
- Proper documentation, definition of technical operational concepts and guidelines for the implemented SAP landscapes and roll out of this information/knowledge to the team
- Coordination of international teams in global projects / crisis handling / de-escalation initiatives
- Driving war rooms for critical escalations
- The expectation is that the role doesn t only concentrate on Basis / application issues but can own incident resolution end-to-end and work together with other teams and functions to resolve incidents faster
You will need to be
- BE / B.Tech / MCA from a well reputed institute
- SAP NetWeaver Certified Technology Consultant
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Project member in an international environment and able to work effectively in international and virtual teams
- Capable in technical documentation and creation of knowledge-based assets (KBAs)
- Customer centric
- Continuous learner and faster adopter of new technology / process
- Analytical and solution-oriented thinker
- Expert grade communicator with good networking skills
- Willing to work during APJ / EMEA working hours
We are looking for someone who has
- 8+ years of work experience / working knowledge in Basis / NetWeaver / Business Objects, Business Objects Data Services, etc.
- Work experience in dealing with customer incidents
- Working knowledge in UNIX/Linux environment, HANA DB, Sybase ASE, DB2 databases.
- Good Knowledge in Network and Storage
- Basic / Intermediate knowledge in one or more of the following products: Content Server, Convergent Charging, MDM, GK Software, OpenText, SAP Cloud Connector, TOMCAT, IIS, IDM, SCM Optimizer, SAP Mobile Platform, TREX, Business Connector
- Exposure to ITIL framework
- Experience of safeguarding customer relationship
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you re searching for a company that s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Manager, ERP, Data Management, Database, Embedded, Management, Technology, Data ,