Requisition ID: 277116
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world’s economic power grid. The mission of SAP Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) organization is to maximize customer success by taking over responsibility for smooth end to end operations and lowering customers total cost of operation.
As Technical Service Manager, we are looking for an accomplished Senior SAP Basis Consultant in delivering high-quality results consistently. As a key member of ECS, you will be contributing to SAP’s Global strategy of helping customers with adoption of SAP S/4HANA on their path to the Intelligent Enterprise. This is an enabling function to help customers accelerate their cloud transformation journey delivering Business Value and Outcomes in the form and pace that customer wants out of their SAP landscape. You will analyze customer’s business requirements, problems, and act as a trusted technical advisor for our clients and partners.
Technical Service Manager (TSM) acts as a trusted technical advisor in the safeguarding and optimization of customer investments into SAP ECS. TSM governs ECS customer relationship management from a technical perspective, while advocating for the customer and bringing the power of ECS to enrich customer experience. TSM will work as a team with CDMs and ECS internal service delivery to serve and delight our customers, by providing quality services to satisfy their needs and resolving technical complexities throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Primary contact for the customer regarding technology discussions, innovations and recognized as the escalation point for technical issues
- Understands the customer business, goals and challenges in order to suggest solutions & services
- Advises customers on technical requirements, constraints and support in all sorts of technical situations (incl. IT critical situations) throughout their lifecycle within ECS
- Identifies and positions ECS services that deliver value to the customer from ECS portfolio
- Supports customer’s Intelligent Enterprise transformation by acting as technical consultant
- Comprehensive knowledge on S/4HANA architecture, conversion, migration path, methodology and tools.
- Experience and knowledge in SAP NetWeaver Administration, migration and upgrades
- Understanding of SAP High Availability or Disaster Recovery architecture, network and virtual technologies (load-balancer, virtual machine)
- Identify top issues, define service plan and drive implementation of identified action items across customer landscape
- Deep experience in technical planning, implementation, configuration and integration of SAP solutions
- Understanding of various SAP cloud solutions and integration scenarios of SAP systems with SCP, Ariba, Successfactors etc. (good to have)
- Design optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Solid know-how on SAP Technologies and Products (SAP certification highly beneficial),
- Hyperscalers certification (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Analytical, solution-oriented and experience in working with cross-cultural teams or individuals
- English (advanced/fluent written & spoken)
- Minimum 8+ years of SAP Technical Administration (Preferably in the domain of SAP Basis skill) and should have knowledge & experience on Administration and Operations of SAP solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer facing role and should have excellent command on de-escalating the critical situations.
- Hands on experience with working knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors
- Hands on experience with working knowledge of SAP HANA and Sybase databases
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.