Location: Lester B. Pearson Intl Apt (YYZ-TRML)
Requisition ID: 36204
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Provides technical expertise, guidance, communication and overall customer service coordination to Customer Service Agents in the areas of Ticketing, Check-In, Baggage Services, Gates, and Operations.
About the Job
- Achieves on-time performance
- Sets the customer service tones in all areas through own attitude and behaviour.
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service at all times.
- Provides operational overview perspective and acts as a liaison to Customer Service Manager (CSM), Ramp, Cabin Service, Cockpit and Flight Service personnel,
- Available on the floor throughout the assigned shift to intervene when appropriate to support both the work of the agents and company goals.
- Handles dissatisfied passengers in conjunction with agents as first point of “supervisor” customer contact.
- Assists agents in managing the overall process.
- Teaches and guides all agents as a technical expert.
- Assists in the development of agent skills through demonstration, coaching and follow-up. Investigates discrepancies in ticketing, cash box and baggage mishandlings.
- Provides training feedback.
- Administers local training programs and mentors new employees.
Continually monitors physical environment to uphold AA standards and policies and ensure tools and supplies are available to employees. Carries specific leadership responsibilities in the following areas: Self-Service Check-In Devices, Off Schedule Operation (OSO) Coordination, interface with other operational areas, group check-in coordination, supplies, queue management, passenger misconnects, resolution of customer issues, security procedures, delay documentation, and medical emergencies.
Ensures through coordination of staffing, that all operational areas have appropriate coverage during the ebb and flow of the operation. Works closely with CSM to continually offer improvement suggestions to make operational functions run smoothly and provides feedback regarding agent performance.
Other duties may be assigned as directed based on operational needs.
- Must possess the legal right to work in Canada
- Two-years of airport customer service experience.
- A “technical expert” in agent responsibilities with full proficiency of Sabre and the Automated Check-In System (ACS)
- Strong capability for multi-tasking.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Good work history and personnel file.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- 90 to 100 percent compliant on current training.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- For position in Montreal, applicant must be fully bi-lingual in French & English
- Able to handle stress well.
- Flexible Disposition.
- Must fulfill Transport Canada criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA) through obtaining the applicable airport authority identification.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Must have proof of Legal right to live and work in Canada at the time of applying.
A U.S. Passport is not acceptable proof.
Requisition ID: 36204 Customer Service Agent / Travel Consultant – Toronto Leisure / Corporate Travel – (Part Time and Full Time Positions) Do you have Corporate or Leisure travel industry experienc…Customer Service Agent- English+ Korean Employee Support Solutions Toronto, ON Permanent, Full Time Employee Support Solutions Healthy, productive, and engaged employees dri…Build a meaningful career At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The ext…