The Manager, Management Accounting and Reporting delivers financial information to internal stakeholders and provides advice on a range of financial matters, including budgets, financial results and business planning, while ensuring consistent global application of operational practices in line with corporate standards.
The role develops and monitors Austrade’s internal budget and executive reporting, and is responsible for:
- understanding Austrade’s business requirements and strategic objectives and managing the delivery of resource management and reporting functions, including having involvement in and contributing towards the business planning processes
- undertaking strategic analysis and providing quality expert financial advice and input to business decisions and projects
- setting the strategic direction and drive the development of Austrade financial policies and procedures, ensuring alignment to business needs and broader strategic objectives, finance initiatives and frameworks
- leading the preparation and dissemination of accrual budgets and forecasting
- proactively engaging with, supporting and advising senior management, cost centre managers, office managers and operational staff, to constructively influence business and operational decisions and processes with a global and corporate mindset
- leading and providing input into divisional and corporate projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of Austrade operations
- actively contributing towards Corporate Services projects and engaging with the Corporate Services Group and across Austrade to build and develop collaborative relationships, share information, knowledge and insight to deliver successful outcomes
- driving ongoing improvement in business practices and a consistent application of best practices in financial and administrative policies, practices and procedures
- leading and driving the delivery of initiatives ensuring alignment to strategic objectives and consistency across the onshore and offshore network
- contributing to a highly skilled and qualified finance network and delivering independent, trusted advice to key stakeholders
- representing Austrade at external forums
- training, coaching and mentoring staff, ensuring high quality outputs, professionalism and technical expertise, to ensure quality client services and effective corporate compliance
We are the Australian Trade and Investment Commission – or Austrade – and we’re responsible for promoting Australian trade, investment and education to the world.
We help Australian businesses grow by linking them to global export opportunities; we attract international investment to help Australia reach its economic potential; we help startups innovate and go global and we promote Australia’s leading-edge education services to the world to help drive growth within this sector.
Our tourism policy and programs also help to build a thriving tourism industry. With employees working in over 80 offices around the world, our work can be found in all kinds of places. Where? Find out more by visiting our website.
› CA, CPA or equivalent qualification is mandatory
› Minimum five years’ experience in financial management – developing, analysing, monitoring and advising on budgets, financial results and business plans is also mandatory
› The successful candidate will be subject to a national security assessment to Negative Vetting 1
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: . Classification: EL 2 Location: Canberra Salary: $116,266 – $135,494 THE ROLE The Manager, Management Accounting and Reporting delivers financial information to internal stak…My client is looking to fill Reporting and Administration Manager position. You will be working for a Facilities Management company that has been created to enable the delivery of …Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work! So, Why Optus? We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer expe…