HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Risk supports HSBC Canada in all aspects of risk management. It manages a varied range of risks, including: security, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market and reputational.
Key Objectives for Manager, Regulatory Compliance, Global Banking & Markets:
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, Global Banking and Markets (Head of RC GBM), the Manager RC GBM Advisory (Manager RC GBM) will be responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of a strong RC regime and culture by developing and maintaining a program that identifies measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws and regulations that govern GBM business in Canada.
The roleholder will lead or assist with the implementation and management of all aspects of RC including impact analysis of regulatory changes, and driving coordination and execution of the various RC work streams and assurance at GBM.
The role interfaces with GBM first line personnel, operations as well as Risk, Legal and Audit departments to provide expertise on regulatory matters, assess and measure RC related risks, and guide stakeholders accordingly.
The roleholder will need to be at the forefront of key regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with the GBM business and develop robust policies and framework to manage the changes, in particular any extra territorial changes. The roleholder will be an RC go-to person for the GBM business and work stream leads to ensure processes are coordinated and implementation risks are considered and addressed in Canada.
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, review and reporting on Regulatory Compliance program including policies and procedures to address RC risks at GBM and comply with applicable securities and banking laws and regulations.
- Assist with and actively participate in the implementation of end-to-end RC oversight, risk assessments, policies & procedures, training, monitoring & testing programs, and management of regulatory or self-identified issues and associated reporting of RC risks.
- Provide guidance and direction on RC related matters to GBM business and support functions. Assist line management, and in particular in discharging GBM responsibility for complying with all relevant regulations.
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of Regulatory Compliance risk change and potential impacts on GBM.
- Continuous review for appropriateness of framework to monitor regulatory developments impacting GBM
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of strategic policies which ensure GBM’s exposure to current risks and emerging arising risk is managed.
- Assist the GBM Advisory Team to fulfill its second line of defence mandate and ensure that the business is compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing advice to the business
- Oversight of regulatory change and business changes (e.g. new business opportunities, Business development, organization)
- Deliver RC training and education
- Active engagement in regulatory inspections and audits/promoting good relations with the relevant regulators
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders within GBM in Canada, other Global Business and Functional teams to provide GBM expertise and support on all Regulatory Compliance related matters
- Interaction with Regulators and industry bodies on Compliance matters relating to GBM
- Ensure the appropriate timely and relevant risk information is provided to GBM management and GBM Governance Committees
- Strong communication and working relationships with Global GBM, Regional GBM, other GBM leaders, other Risk Disciplines, Functions and Global Businesses to ensure implementation of new disciplines.
- Share best practices with group offices, other business lines and other regions.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Chief Compliance Officer GBM and/or AVP RC GBM to ensure the team in GBM Compliance is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with senior GBM business managers.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years regulatory experience in the investment banking or markets financial sector.
- Prior experience of working in a Regulatory Compliance Advisory or Investment Banking Legal capacity.
- Developing understanding of regulatory compliance requirements applicable to Global Banking & Markets business.
- Developing knowledge of Global Banking & Markets business, including products (e.g. securities, fixed income, commodities, advisory), operations, systems and organization (e.g. Instititutional Sales & Trading, Relationship Management Coverge, Origination, Project Export Finance).
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
Company Description Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastes…Company Description Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastes…Requisition ID: 80562 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Manages the AML Risk, Global Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) Progra…