Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Founded five years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world’s first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to second-hand devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travelers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset – vacant living spaces – Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
Inside Back Market’s Marketing department, among the Insight team, you will be in charge of conducting analysis to support Back Market’s growth on its different markets (France, UK, US, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, …).
Develop competition watch and market trends analysis where Back Market is live
Enhance Back Market’s customer knowledge
Structure and optimize existing reporting
Your mission (if you accept it):
- Develop international market trends monitoring:
- Solutions’ benchmark (tools, databases, …) available for competition watch on Back Market main countries
- Monitoring implementation: dashboard set-up, newsletters sharing, big e-commerce days analysis (Black Friday, French Days, …)
- Back Market brand awareness monitoring:
- Take over and optimize existing reporting
- Develop brand awareness monitoring in Back Market new open countries
- New markets analysis (Austria, Netherlands, Finland, …):
- E-commerce competition benchmark
- Define best practices regarding refurbished markets and make concrete recommendations to foster Back Market’s growth
- Enhance Back Market’s customer base knowledge:
- Build or update Back Market’s personae
- Graduated from or are in the final year of a business or engineering school
- English is a no-brainer to you (French is a plus)
- You have great analytical and structural skills and are at ease with Microsoft Office Pack
- You are open-minded, value team spirit and have eagerness to learn and immense yourself in a very fast growing scale-up
- Any previous experience in a consulting firm or in an e-commerce environment is preferable
- It’s nice if you are familiar with SQL, Python, Tableaux and Google Analytics, if not, no worries – we will teach you !
- You are available for a 6-month internship, ideally an end of studies internship
- Phone interview with Goda, our recruiter
- 1-hour interview with Pierre, Business Analyst Manager
- 30 min interview with Alan, Insight Director
We are looking for Interns to star their internship in March 2021 for 6 months full time!
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.