10-12+ year experience in business analysis and/or development in banking, financial markets technology, or asset management solutions.
Markit EDM design and Configuration experience gain in large complex end-to-end EDM implementation is essential;
3-5 year experience in EDM Initial Phase 1 implementation preferred
Domain understanding especially in area of Market Risk Management, Securities, Portfolio Accounting, Fund Accounting and Prime Brokerage.
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL/Oracle) including practical experience developing application using SQL , data mining, data warehousing and data modelling concepts.
- •Connectivity and Integration to common market data vendor
- Ideal candidates have comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of Markit EDM design and configuration gained from 5-6 EDM initial phase1 implementation projects.
- Candidates should be university degree level educated or equivalent and have a proven track record of software implementation experience gained ideally from a sell-side environment.
- Practical experience of delivering Agile based projects.
- Practical experience of integration projects and Market / Master Data Management.
- Strong technical experience with database practises and querying language, particularly in SQL Server.
- Certification in EDM Core & User Interface and Advanced courses would be advantageous.
IHS Markit is looking for highly experienced Markit EDM implementation lead based in Asia who are seeking a high impact role in a dynamic and fast growing EDM Implementation Services team. Implementation Managers within Markit EDM are expected to drive the business to the next level and ensure that the proven methodology and best practice is under continuous improvement thus ensuring our current success is maintained and improved upon.
While the employee will be based out of the Markit Office, the role will be one that is typically on site with clients Monday through Friday thus potentially involving travel within Asia region, including Australia. Projects can last on average between six to nine months.
A Markit EDM managing consultant or implementation consulting lead is a high value independent professional who is the project initiator and manager for EDM implementations. The Implementation Consulting lead or managing consultant will be required to cover a small number of client sites the same time which will require a flexible approach to travel and managing time. This makes the role more challenging and engaging as long periods at a single client site is not the norm.
The role also requires the candidate to have an in-depth understanding and appreciation of financial markets and data management, either in buy side or sell side institutions. The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational / coordination skills, and strong analysis skills. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a good understanding of product development lifecycle. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast pace environment, be flexible to adapt to changes and adept at undertaking several roles simultaneously – business analysis, project management, client management, and leadership of implementation consulting team.
The role includes overseeing and managing a number of consultants on these sites in terms of planning, work and deliverable plus enforcing client deadlines and best practices. The candidate will also work closely with various stakeholders including End Users, Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts, Programme Managers and other Business Leaders to deliver successful implementation projects.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
- Familiar with financial instruments and markets.
- Knowledge in Security Master, Independent Price Verification (IPV) , Reconciliation and Integration would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise activities by managing a constantly evolving plan measured against client requirements.
- Experience in leading and coaching a team of talented individuals, focusing on their strengths and business needs to achieve high performance and desired outcomes.
- A natural, consultative style is essential to build client relationships and meet the evolving demands of a wide and diverse client base.
- An ability to understand clients’ business requirements through an on-going consultative engagement and map these into a set of objectives for the implementation of Markit EDM.
- An ability to help a client deliver a testing strategy and steer a project towards go live.
- Strong communication skills required to present various levels from COO to developer, discussing strategic objectives and delivering solutions across a wide array of requirements.
- An ability to have the tougher conversations sometimes required to keep a project on track.
- Fluent written and spoken English language; Fluent in Mandarin or another Asean language will be an advantage.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Team Player and able to interact with Sales, product, operations and technical teams in a professional manner.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current Colleagues If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site. Description THE COMPANY Founded in 1948, Robert Half International has over 300 offices worldwide. We are listed on the NYSE and a member of the widely tracked S&P 500 index. I…Microsoft Azure Senior to Managing Consultant Enjoy diversity and career growth Make a difference implementing best practice Data, Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions…As a Managing Consultant within our Trades & Technical division you will enjoy the challenge of running a 360-degree desk in a fast-paced sales environment. To be successful in thi…