Are you resilient, love a challenge, and have attention to detail? This is the job for you.
This is the job for you.
We’re Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health. We’re looking for our next exceptional, enthusiastic and passionate Medical Administrative Assistant, to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated team in Southport on a part-time basis, approx. 48 hours per fortnight.
This is more than a simple receptionist role; you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the administrative side of the clinic under the direction of the Nurse Unit Manager. We want you to own this role and bring your own brand of creative thinking to how things could be run better.
You’re a reliable person who understands the importance of customer service. You feel confident that you can resolve situations with effective but also empathetic communication.
What we want you to do:
- Pro-actively provide essential office and administrative support to the clinic team
- Ensure a seamless patient journey, from the moment they walk in, to the moment they walk out
- Act as the first point of contact for all phone calls and patients, ensuring a welcoming and warm first impression
- Ensure high levels of internal processes, communication and data integrity are maintained
- Ensure patient confidentiality
What we need:
- A Pro-Choice Advocate
- Previous administrative experience within a medical environment
- Invoicing and receipting of patient accounts
- Medicare bulk billing/batching
- Private health fund direct billing
- Follow up outstanding accounts
- Liaise with patients
- Liaise with other professionals, organisations and insurers in relation to patient issues
- Reconciliation of monies taken and experience in use of EFTPOS
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Transmission of statutory reporting and completion of errors
- Professional telephone manner
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Interest in reproductive, sexual, and women’s health
- Use of Thelma
What we’re offering:
- A supportive team environment
- Salary will be based on experience
- Negotiable for the right candidate
Who you’re joining:
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can’t do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we’re an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
Quality – Integrity – Sustainability – Courage The Role An opportunity has become available for an Assistant in Nursing (Central Sterilisation Service) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on…Will suit an existing Body Corporate Manager, or an experienced Property Manager with a sincere desire to move across to Body Corporate Management. The Role: Our client is a su…About the position This is an outstanding opportunity for a suitably qualified academic to join the Faculty of Society & Design at an exciting time of growth and development. T…