BPT2 – 2020 SVHM
- Work for one of Australia’s leading hospital groups
- Rewarding, challenging and supportive work environment
- Provide exceptional patient-centred care
We are pleased to be recruiting 32 BPT2 positions to join SVHM in 2020.
- Applications open on Thursday 30th May 2019, and close on Monday 22nd July 2019
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Successful candidates will commence their post with SVHM on Monday 03 Feb 2020.
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia’s leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Role
As a Senior Medical Resident/Junior Registrar in the hospital, you will be providing supervised effective day-to-day care for clinical management of ambulatory and admitted patients, including but not limited to assessment, clinical management and discharge planning. These jobs will be suitable for applicants who are completing BPT1 and are registered with the RACP for basic training and wish to pursue a career in general medicine or a subspecialty medical discipline. During the year you may also be required to work in other hospitals that form part the Compass 6 Physician training consortium.
Classifications for this position will range from HM13 – HM23
· Current unrestricted AHPRA registration
· Demonstrated experience applying medical knowledge towards sound clinical diagnosis, investigation and treatment of patients
· Demonstrated effective communication with patients, relatives, staff and colleagues
· Knowledge and ongoing adherence to hospital safety policies
· Current enrolment in the RACP Prep programme at BPT1 level.
· Compliance with credentialing requirements through providing necessary documentation when application is progressed – to be discussed before proceeding to formal interview e.g. police check
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter. Including a passport photo with your CV is preferred, but not essential.
Please address your cover letter to A/Prof. Wilma Beswick, Director of Physician Training.
- Your cover letter should be one page and should address why you want to work for SVHM and how you will add value to the team.
About PMCV Computer Matching Process
These positions are subject to the state-wide Computer Matching process, conducted by the Post Graduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV). The rules for BPT2 eligibility and matching to all the hospitals in Victoria are governed by PMCV in conjunction with the Victorian Government funding body, Department of Health.
To be eligible for an BPT2 position in Victoria you must be either a graduate of an Australian or New Zealand University or holder of the AMC Certificate AND an Australian permanent resident. Refer to PMCV guidelines and website for full details.
PMCV can be contacted on 03 9670 1066 or
Register for the BPT2 Computer Match at PMCV http://computermatching.pmcv.com.au. The Referee Assessment process is managed via the PMCV website.
Candidates applying to SVHM will be ranked on the basis of their written application, C/V, personal interview and referee reports.
SVHM will conduct 15 minute personal interviews with shortlisted candidates.
St.Vincent’s Hospital is participating in the PMCV BPT matching process.
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police and a valid Medical Registration from the Medical Board (AHPRA)
Enquiries regarding your application can be addressed to the JMS recruitment team via and . You can also contact the JMS recruitment team via the HR Helpdesk on (03) 9231 1500.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist: Review the following documents:
Award/Enterprise Agreement (if applicable): SVHM – Victorian Public Health Sector (AMA Victoria)-Doctors in Training (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2013
Position Grade and Salary (if applicable):
Contact Details: Laura Tetaz, email@example.com
Alternate Contact: Sophie Dawson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 July 2019 11:59pm
Reconciliation Action Plan:
Code of Conduct:
About Us Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazelde…About Us Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazelde…Austra Health are seeking experienced Registered Nurses, wanting to work with Melbourne’s best Public and Private Hospitals. About Us Austra Health has been providing Nurses to…