Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Tech Off Gde 1/2
Remuneration: $55,991 – $82,080
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ105483
A position for a permanent full time Technical Officer is available in the Department of Haematology, based at the NSWHP Randwick Campus.
Duties will include providing accurate, efficient and relevant Haematology diagnostic services. The successful applicant will be required to apply all the technical skills required in these laboratories as well as have a good knowledge and commitment to quality and customer service issues that are essential for high quality performance in these Laboratories. Communication with medical, nursing, scientific and other staff is an important component of the duties. Confirmation and validation of reports, and other scientific and laboratory data is also required.
You will be required to be involved with a 24 hour, 7-day rotating roster as well as on-call.
Where you’ll be working
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
We operate more than 60 laboratories and around 200 collection centres across NSW and conduct over 60 million tests per annum. Our network of pathologists are supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients. Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent, objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems.
What you’ll be doing
Perform a range of laboratory investigations and tests (manual and automated) and technical tasks by applying established methods and procedures, as directed. Undertake other laboratory duties including preparation of materials and the maintenance of equipment in line with established laboratory processes, procedures and protocols.
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Laboratory Technology or an equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution with subjects relevant to pathology or medical laboratory operations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of pathology services within a Haematology Laboratory, including use of Laboratory Information Systems, Patient Systems and Quality Systems
- Ability to work in a responsible and efficient manner and to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment whilst working autonomously to deliver results within specified timeframes set to meet client expectations
- Customer focused approach displaying well-developed interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers and patients as well as clinical laboratory staff
- Display initiative, problem solving and analytical skills including an ability to apply established principles in a pathology laboratory and investigate and resolve general and complex issues within the laboratory environment
- Commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement and to identify, develop and implement quality and service improvement activities
- Recent experience in Haematology Laboratory including validation of haematology analyser results and blood film morphology.
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand Policy Directive PD2018_009 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Diseases. All new recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. New recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
An eligibility list will be created for future permanent full time / part time, temporary and casual vacancies.
Applicants may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
This position is a permanent position. To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency. Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Crystal Pau on
Applications Close: 19 May 2019
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Tech Off Gde 1/2 Remuneration: $55,991 – $82,080 Hours Per Week: 38 Requisition ID: REQ105483 A position for a …Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Tech Off Gde 1/2 Remuneration: $55,991 – $82,080 Hours Per Week: 38 Requisition ID: REQ104605 Location: Liverpoo…Employment Type: Temporary Part Time Position Classification: Tech Off Gde 1/2 Remuneration: $28.23 – $41.39 Hours Per Week: 24 Requisition ID: REQ103893 NSW Health Pathology…