Starting date: Fall 2021
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- Or Part-Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Location: Vienna, Austria
The Department of Economics and Business at Central European University ( ) is seeking candidates for a full-time Open Rank Faculty (assistant, associate or full professor) position in Marketing. The position will offer internationally competitive teaching loads; research resources and a university environment that fosters multidisciplinary collaboration and research productivity. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in doctoral supervision as well as offer electives in the university’s Executive MBA in areas of the candidate’s research interests. The Executive MBA is at the centre of CEU’s 2025 strategy, guaranteeing the chosen candidate an exciting opportunity to be a vital contributor to the strategic reorientation of a major European university (following CEU’s move from Budapest to Vienna).
We are seeking a scholar and educator with expertise in quantitative marketing research with a proven track-record in (or potential to) deliver world class executive education in the field of marketing broadly defined as well as offer state-of-the-art doctoral-level methodological training in quantitative theoretical and/or empirical methods in marketing. While this is a general call for interest, we are especially interested in candidates who have research, teaching and executive education interests in the following areas:
- The role of social media and marketing strategies
- AI, AR and VR aspects of marketing (both B2C and B2B)
- Convergence of offline and online marketing and distribution and the creation and execution of omnichannel strategies
- Consumer marketing strategies in the Sharing Economy
- International, comparative aspects of marketing and consumer behaviour
- Big Data and predictive analytics in marketing
- Evolving practices and patterns in industrial marketing
Applicants must be qualified to teach at graduate level, demonstrate scholarly research activities and be committed to service to university, profession and community. Applicants must have a doctoral degree in the relevant field at date of appointment. Successful applicants may be appointed at a junior or senior faculty level depending on suitability of candidates.
For a senior position, the successful applicants will possess:
- A demonstrated record of and commitment to scholarly research in field through publications in ranked (impact-factor) peer-reviewed journals;
- Clear evidence of teaching excellence, course and curriculum development (preferably in the North American university and higher education context) and especially with business executives
- Demonstrated experience of teaching in executive education.
For a junior position, the successful applicants will possess
- Clear potential and commitment to scholarly research in field through a demonstrated pipeline of working papers and/or papers under revise and resubmit in ranked (impact factor) peer-reviewed journals;
- Evidence of teaching excellence and course development (preferably in the North American university and higher education context and with business executives).
- Ability to combine research productivity with involvement in program development.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The contract is indefinite term in the case of Full Professor rank. The initial contract is for 6 years for the Assistant Professor rank and up to 4 years for the Associate Professor rank. The contracts are renewable and can be turned into indefinite terms, depending on outcome of review.
How to apply
Applicants should express their interest in the position by sending the following:
- A current curriculum vitae including the names and full contact details of at least 2 professional referees and, in addition, at least 2 referees from among former executive-level students;
- A cover letter explaining their motivations to apply for the post and the suitability of their credentials for the advertised post.
- A brief statement of research interests and plans (max 2 pages) and 2 recent working papers (for junior position) or 2 published articles (for senior position)
- Evidence of teaching excellence (teaching evaluations, current course syllabi).
Please send your complete application package to: – including job code in subject line: 2020/097.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit and https://economics.ceu.edu/ Bottom of Form
Expiry date 2021/02/28