- Regional Southeast Asia, South Pacific role
- Permanent opportunity in Scoresby
- Close knit team with excellent mentoring opportunities
About the role
A regional accounting manager role has become available within our Cummins Business Services organization to manage a team of accountants who support our business partners in the Southeast Asia and South Pacific region.
This role is responsible for partnering with multiple business accountants and stakeholders and leading a team responsible for delivery of general accounting work required to maintain the business partners multiple general ledgers across multiple countries. The responsible tasks include payroll accounting, reconciliations, fixed asset accounting and amongst other technical accounting work understands the new lease accounting standard. It will suit someone who has experience in leading a team and partnering with multiple business stakeholders.
Other tasks include:
- Examining financial transactions for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with accounting standards.
- Oversight of bank and balance sheet reconciliations and financial calculations
- Responding to inquiries received from business partners, management, internal and external auditors, and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Review of existing internal controls and development of new internal controls as necessary.
- Implementing changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
What’s in it for you
- Showcase your accounting expertise with visibility to multiple business stakeholders
- Utilise your technical background in a commercial environment across multiple software systems
- A wide scope of exposure in the business and ability to build on your skillset
- A great, diverse and inclusive environment where you can grow your career
- Be part of an industry leading global organisation
- University, or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and CPA qualified
- 10+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- Comfortable collaborating with a range of stakeholders in a business environment
- Effective and adaptable written and verbal communication across cultures
- Medium to high level of proficiency in Excel
- An agile and adaptable leader
A Global power leader, Cummins Inc is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. We are the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. The businesses are supported by global Corporate functions and Cummins Business Services (CBS). CBS provides IT, HR, Administration, and Accounting Services. Globally we employ around 62,600 people and serve customers in 190 countries.
How to apply
Your opportunity to set yourself up for success starts right here!
Submit your application online today!
Please note, only candidates with working rights for Australia will be considered.
For more information about Cummins careers in Australia visit https://Cummins-Australia.jobs or contact Barbara on .
Qualifications Plus: Sign up today and receive a FREE copy of our Executive Webinar: Government Relations for Not for Profits – A Tactical Approach. First Name Last Name Email Address* Po…Great role covering I.T/Systems, Finance and HR/Office Management. Super supportive environment, sound infrastructure already in place. This interesting and diverse position will s…Passionate Victorian based NFP organisation assisting with a range of community services WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Victorian based NFP organisation located in Richmond Maternity …