Career Category Medical Affairs
- Fixed-term 12-month contract – Bone Team – Sydney based
- Market Leading product and ground breaking, exciting pipeline
- Great team environment: collaborative, dynamic and supportive culture
Join our high performing, established and experienced RML team. Hit the ground running, bring your expertise, knowledge, and enthusiasm.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology innovator since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
In 2018, Amgen was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
As RML, Bone your core focus will be to maximise Amgen’s value proposition to create value for patients through medical and scientific projects, service and expertise with key scientific customers within the Bone area. In addition, you will implement scientific programs across Australia in collaboration with the Management Team. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record in the Bone therapeutic area or an experienced RML/MSL.
- Supports Senior Medical Advisor/local Therapeutic Area Leader in developing local territory R&D tactics
- Identifies, develops and maintains collaborative relationships with current and future KOLs, scientific experts, cooperative study groups and study sites
- Develops and implements local KOL Plans, in line with local and international KOL strategy
- Implements and disseminates high quality medical and scientific educational programs; gives clinical and scientific presentations at study sites and hospitals
- Identifies new research opportunities, implements and follows up on Investigators Sponsored Studies and other scientific activities, provides input to the design of local observational research
- Works with development field operations to ensure prioritization of site selection, and support feasibility across assigned territories
- Supports Amgen Sponsored Trials on site with scientific presentations/discussions to create enthusiasm for the scientific program, understand trial/referral networks and identify enrolment barriers, participates in investigator meetings according to approved investigator strategy
- Represents Amgen Medical department in the territory
- Ensures society engagement: RML support of international and regional congresses
- Develops required qualitative and quantitative reports; collates competitor information
- Ensures conduct of work in line with compliance regulations
- Delivers targeted internal training for selected topics (e.g. study update, congress news, latest scientific developments)
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years of Industry experience in Australia
- Experience as a Medical Liaison or Hospital Sales Representative essential
- Experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development viewed favourable
- Willingness to travel (nationally and internationally)
- Strong experience with clinical study management and conduct
- Proven track record and expertise working in the Bone therapeutic area
- Network of customer contacts
- Knowledge of commercialization and business practices
- Knowledge of regulatory affairs, drug safety, legal and compliance environment
- Valid driver’s licence, work rights and residency in Australia mandatory
If you are seeking a genuine career opportunity where you can truly make a difference to better serve patients and progress against our aspiration to be the world’s best human therapeutics company, then apply online.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role recruitment, so if you’re interested in this unique opportunity, please apply asap online today
No agencies please.
Applications Close Friday 24th May 2019
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients. .
. My client is a global pharma that hold a large portfolio of products across varied therapy areas including Neuroscience and Urology. They have offices across the globe and a sterli…Our client, a well renowned pharmaceutical company is responsible for some of Australia’s most recognisable brands across Consumer and Pharmaceuticals and is seeking a Senior Medic…Enjoy a role that values your strategic input as well as utilizing your MSL experience to launch a new Oncology portfolio with a long term pipeline! We have a unique opportunity …