Employment Type: Various Temporary Full/Part Time roles available until 27/10/2019 with the possibility of extension
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $62,619.50 – $87,926.11
Hours Per Week: Various
Requisition ID: REQ113121
Applications Close: 28 July 2019
An exciting opportunity exists to join the nursing team at Wollongong Hospital as part of the Winter Bed Strategy.
What you’ll be doing
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
– the provision of person centred; evidence- based nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes;
– will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team;
– will work in therapeutic and professional relationships with individuals, as well as families, groups and communities;
– will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and will maintain their professional accountability and development in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia’s Standards of Practice.
Where you’ll be working
Wollongong Hospital is the Illawarra and Shoalhaven’s major referral and teaching hospital and has bed base of more than 500. The campus, which incorporates the Illawarra Regional Cancer Care Centre, provides a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community-based services.
An academic suite at Wollongong Hospital supports both the Graduate School of Medicine and School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Wollongong.
Wollongong Hospital is the largest of Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District’s eight hospitals, treating more than 48,000 patients annually. It is the region’s tertiary referral hospital which means it has the capacity to treat specialist and complex cases. Wollongong’s Emergency Department is one of the busiest in New South Wales with around 63,000 presentations each year and the Illawarra Regional Cancer Care Centre is the largest of it kind of the South Coast.
The Hospital is closely affiliated with the University of Wollongong and the Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute. An academic suite located at Wollongong Hospital supports both the Graduate School of Medicine and School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University.
Wollongong Hospital has recently undergone a transformation with greater than $110 million worth of capital works enhancements which included the construction of the Illawarra Elective Surgical Services Centre and the new multi deck carpark. The Hospital has a dedicated group of volunteers and it has strong links with a wide range of community groups including Friends of Wollongong Hospital, Illawarra Cancer Carers, Dialysis Transplant Association and Community Care Link.
This hospital is fully accredited by the
Wollongong is located an hours drive south of Sydney on a narrow coastal strip bordered by the Royal National Park to the north, Lake Illawarra to the south, the Tasman Sea to the east and the Illawarra Escarpment to the west. Learn more about the lifestyle benefits of living and working in .
Wollongong Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
The values of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District guide the behaviour and professional standards of our staff and underpin the ways in which we engage with our patients and consumers. Our CORE Values are .
Visit our to see our people and location in action and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date @IllaShoalHealth.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with before employment can commence.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse (Division 1).
- Recent clinical experience in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence based practice and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care and NSW Health Core Values.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Computer literacy and understanding of relevant health related information systems.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Ann Smyth on Ph: (02) 4253 4957 or via email Ann.Smyth@health.nsw.gov.au
Employment Type: Temporary Full/Part Time roles available with varying end dates and the possibility of extension Position Classification: Registered Nurse Remuneration: $62,619….Employment Type: Permanent/Temporary Full/Part Time. Temporary vacancies have various end date with the possibility of extension Position Classification: Registered Nurse Remuner…Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Facility: Shellharbour Hospital Position Classification: Registered Nurse/ Waitlist Co-Ordinator Remuneration: $62619.50 – $87926.11 per an…