Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Hawkesbury District Health Service is a teaching hospital in Northwest Sydney, Australia providing acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding districts.
We provide 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services.
Our 131-bed healthcare facility sees 25,000 ED patients each year and is operated by St John of God Health Care, providing public patient services under a public-private partnership with the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
We are currently seeking Resident Medical Officers (Emergency) to join the team on fixed term full-time basis for one or two years.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia and AHPRA.
- A minimum of six (6) months clinical experience in relevant Emergency Departments.
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural competency in basic wound management and suturing skills, slit lamp examination, removal of foreign bodies, local anaesthesia, and basic management of dislocations and fractures.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
Hawkesbury offers a relaxed and laid back lifestyle located on the fringe of the Sydney metropolitan area. With some of the world’s best national parks, rivers and flora and fauna, there is plenty to do in your time off.
SJGHC Hawkesbury District Health Service promotes Health and Wellness for all their Caregivers. If successful you and your immediate family members will be eligible to join the Fitness Passport. This program allows members to access over 100 gyms, pools and health facilities throughout NSW.
- All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description) * Applications can be submitted via .
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact
Suzanne Brady, Director Emergency Services on (02) 4560 5801.
Applications Close: COB 25 July 2019 Welcome to St John of God Health Care St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services t…As a Resident Medical Officer you will join a multi-disciplinary and driven team to provide high quality clinical care in the Emergency Department. This hospital allows doctors to …Welcome to St John of God Health Care St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services t…